Prednisone and Hypertrophic osteoarthritis - from FDA reports
Hypertrophic osteoarthritis is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Hypertrophic osteoarthritis with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 2,797 people (1.13%) have Hypertrophic osteoarthritis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Hypertrophic osteoarthritis *:
- < 1 month: 19.66 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.24 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.84 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.53 %
- 5 - 10 years: 19.66 %
- 10+ years: 14.53 %
Gender of people who have Hypertrophic osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 69.98 %
- male: 30.02 %
Age of people who have Hypertrophic osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.14 %
- 10-19: 1.15 %
- 20-29: 2.01 %
- 30-39: 3.21 %
- 40-49: 10.64 %
- 50-59: 32.1 %
- 60+: 50.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (495 people, 17.70%)
- Multiple Myeloma (347 people, 12.41%)
- Pain (344 people, 12.30%)
- High Blood Pressure (244 people, 8.72%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (170 people, 6.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (954 people, 34.11%)
- Aredia (789 people, 28.21%)
- Methotrexate (535 people, 19.13%)
- Fosamax (524 people, 18.73%)
- Celebrex (455 people, 16.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (1,278 people, 45.69%)
- Stress And Anxiety (1,069 people, 38.22%)
- Joint Pain (1,031 people, 36.86%)
- Back Pain (943 people, 33.71%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (931 people, 33.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypertrophic osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone?
- Check symptoms - is hypertrophic osteoarthritis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypertrophic osteoarthritis and drugs with ingredients of prednisone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypertrophic osteoarthritis and Prednisone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,079 users)
Hypertrophic osteoarthritis (arthritis associated with inflammatory bowel disease or following bacterial infection of the bowel) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 51,514 Hypertrophic osteoarthritis patients).
Browse all side effects of Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Hypertrophic osteoarthritisHypertrophic osteoarthritis
Could your condition cause Hypertrophic osteoarthritisHypertrophic osteoarthritis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been getting a lot of pimples ever since I started taking rcinex and omnacortil. It has been 2months since I started taking those drugs. Acne doesn't leave and has formed numerous blemishes and has left behind scars , even on my back. Is it because of those drugs? Is it a common side effect?
I'm 57 and had a bad case of shingles 7/4/17 for 3 days before we were to leave for a family vacation I had been having pain in my lower right leg on the outside of it that worsened overtime to the point I wasn't going to go, but my husband convinced me to go. To make it short I had to be ...