Prednisone and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 4,783 people (1.93%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 66.47 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.19 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.59 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.4 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.19 %
- 10+ years: 2.4 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 72.13 %
- male: 27.87 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.88 %
- 10-19: 2.3 %
- 20-29: 4.99 %
- 30-39: 9.54 %
- 40-49: 15.62 %
- 50-59: 23.46 %
- 60+: 43.12 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (327 people, 6.84%)
- Pain (304 people, 6.36%)
- Crohn's Disease (205 people, 4.29%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (152 people, 3.18%)
- Osteoporosis (151 people, 3.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (704 people, 14.72%)
- Methotrexate (643 people, 13.44%)
- Enbrel (464 people, 9.70%)
- Folic Acid (444 people, 9.28%)
- Benadryl (383 people, 8.01%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (1,674 people, 35.00%)
- Fatigue (720 people, 15.05%)
- Pain (709 people, 14.82%)
- Nausea (682 people, 14.26%)
- Breathing Difficulty (653 people, 13.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Itching when taking Prednisone?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of prednisone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Prednisone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,077 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,446 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
In April 2017, I developed blood clots in my left leg which was discovered after I had been diagnosed with multiple pulmonary embolisms. I was encouraged by my Rheumatologist to take prednisone to decrease the pain & imflammation I was experiencing from spinal stenosis last Oct. 2016. I had had ...
Hi I was already using garcinia Cambogia and was then diagnosed with an auto immune disease that required me to take 50mg to start of prednisone or go blind. I will be gradually tapering my dosage to 20mgs in the next two mths. I'don't stopped taking garcinia for two weeks and I look like a ...
Good morning, my brother who has myasthenia gravis takes Prednisone 40 mg (decreased from 60mg) has tried plasmapheresis, IVIG. 40 mg dose is keeping MG under control, however he is now suffering from fractures in his spine. Can someone please tell me how to help my brother ? What did you to to ...