Prednisone and Mania - from FDA reports
Mania is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Mania with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 23, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 218 people (0.09%) have Mania
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Mania *:
- < 1 month: 62.96 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.93 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.41 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.7 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mania when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 55.98 %
- male: 44.02 %
Age of people who have Mania when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.66 %
- 20-29: 4.79 %
- 30-39: 10.11 %
- 40-49: 14.89 %
- 50-59: 27.66 %
- 60+: 39.89 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (21 people, 9.63%)
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 8.26%)
- Stress And Anxiety (17 people, 7.80%)
- Prostate Cancer (15 people, 6.88%)
- Depression (13 people, 5.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Viagra (20 people, 9.17%)
- Neurontin (20 people, 9.17%)
- Lorazepam (19 people, 8.72%)
- Percocet (17 people, 7.80%)
- Cymbalta (17 people, 7.80%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression (50 people, 22.94%)
- Insomnia (39 people, 17.89%)
- Weight Decreased (34 people, 15.60%)
- Nausea (31 people, 14.22%)
- Pain (29 people, 13.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Mania when taking Prednisone?
- Check symptoms - is mania caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMania and drugs with ingredients of prednisone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMania and Prednisone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,079 users)
Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood) has been reported by people with bipolar disorder, depression, stress and anxiety, bipolar i disorder, quit smoking (latest reports from 15,472 Mania patients).
Browse all side effects of Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ManiaMania
Could your condition cause ManiaMania
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pong YH, Lu YC, Tsai VF, Huang PL, Hsieh JT, Chang HC, "Acute manic and psychotic symptoms following subcutaneous leuprolide acetate in a male patient without prior psychiatric history: A case report and literature review", Urological Science, 2014 Mar .
- Harris YT, Harris AZ, "Cabergoline associated with first episode mania", Psychosomatics, 2012 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been getting a lot of pimples ever since I started taking rcinex and omnacortil. It has been 2months since I started taking those drugs. Acne doesn't leave and has formed numerous blemishes and has left behind scars , even on my back. Is it because of those drugs? Is it a common side effect?
My vision isn't the best to begin with but it seems like since I got on prednisone and lialda its gotten so much worse. Everything is so fuzzy. I cannot see anything. Should I consider switching medications?
User posts to the study
I am writing this on behalf of my son. He is a heart-lung survivor post transplant 10 years. He has been on 5mgs of Predisone for the last 9 1/2 years. A few months ago his doctors reduced his dosage to 2.4mg every other day and 5mg in between. A week ago he went into a verbal rage and went ...
Hi there. I have been on Prednisone since November 8. My resting pulse has gone from 50's and 60's to up I'm the 90's and sometimes low 100's. My heart just pounds. I worry that it is doing lasting damage to my heart. I am usually a runner and bicyclist but since being sick I haven't been doing ...
My doctor wanted to prescribe me prednisone for trouble breathing....after I told him that the first/last time I was prescribed prednisone my lips swelled at the highest dose. He said that it doesn't happen because it is prescribed FOR allergic reactions.....He put in the prescription anyway . ...
It's my first day taking prednisone, and the first time ever taking it for bronchitis. The side effects that I am experiencing is becoming very diaphoretic and penile erections that last around the same amount of time that I am sweating In till I stop sweating. Can anyone explain?
I’ve been diagnosed with weird syndrome ( hyper eosinophilic syndrome) & the only ttt that I receive is steroids starting with 60 mg dose.. I’m suffering from all the side effects of it, but the most annoying is my teeth sensitivity.. I can’t eat or drink anything cold anymore. Extremely ...