Prednisone and Thrombocytopenia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisone and have Thrombocytopenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 523,651 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
523,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 11,599 people (2.22%) have Thrombocytopenia.
What is Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 531,470 Prednisone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) is found to be associated with 4,177 drugs and 4,721 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisone and Thrombocytopenia reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Prednisone*:
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Prednisone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisone *:
Common side effects people have besides Thrombocytopenia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisone and have Thrombocytopenia?Check whether Thrombocytopenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- YavasogluI, I., TurgutkayaII, A., & BolamanIII, Z., "Chlorella-induced thrombocytopenia", DATA, 2018 Jan .
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Thrombocytopenia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisone:
- Thrombocytopenia and drugs with ingredients of prednisone (11,856 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisone:
- Prednisone (531,470 reports)
Common Prednisone side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 66,683 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 46,071 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 46,055 reports
- Pain: 44,380 reports
- Joint pain: 38,003 reports
- Rashes (redness): 31,608 reports
- Diarrhea: 31,577 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thrombocytopenia treatments and more:
- Thrombocytopenia (247,431 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Revlimid: 14,033 reports
- Prednisone: 11,599 reports
- Aspirin: 10,558 reports
- Dexamethasone: 10,093 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,104 reports
- Methotrexate: 8,105 reports
- Carboplatin: 7,955 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,556 reports
- Lopurin: 7,369 reports
- Allopurinol: 7,357 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,177 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Multiple myeloma: 19,704 reports
- High blood pressure: 9,587 reports
- Ovarian cancer: 5,895 reports
- Pain: 5,887 reports
- Hepatitis c: 5,620 reports
- Preventive health care: 5,171 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,906 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,721 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisone (the active ingredients of Prednisone) and Prednisone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Eczema Exacerbated and Hiatal Hernia - a second ago
- Campath and Blindness - 14 seconds ago
- Ginkgo and Niacin drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Lopurin and Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (Slipped Disk) - 31 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Vimpat drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Keppra and Viral Myocarditis - 33 seconds ago
- Fentanyl Transdermal System and Blood Sodium Decreased - 35 seconds ago
- Hemlibra and Migraine - 35 seconds ago
- Nasacort and Augmentin '875' drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - 41 seconds ago