Prednisone and Uti - from FDA reports
Uti is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Uti with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 18, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 6,443 people (2.6%) have Uti
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Uti *:
- < 1 month: 39.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.12 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.19 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.16 %
- 10+ years: 2.16 %
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 77.78 %
- male: 22.22 %
Age of people who have Uti when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.27 %
- 2-9: 0.36 %
- 10-19: 1.67 %
- 20-29: 4.89 %
- 30-39: 6.38 %
- 40-49: 12.08 %
- 50-59: 20.88 %
- 60+: 53.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (548 people, 8.51%)
- High Blood Pressure (510 people, 7.92%)
- Osteoporosis (431 people, 6.69%)
- Multiple Myeloma (364 people, 5.65%)
- Kidney Transplant (253 people, 3.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (1,043 people, 16.19%)
- Humira (835 people, 12.96%)
- Folic Acid (738 people, 11.45%)
- Aspirin (586 people, 9.10%)
- Zometa (554 people, 8.60%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (1,085 people, 16.84%)
- Weakness (1,080 people, 16.76%)
- Fever (1,015 people, 15.75%)
- Pneumonia (1,012 people, 15.71%)
- Fatigue (993 people, 15.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Uti when taking Prednisone?
- Check symptoms - is uti caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsUti and drugs with ingredients of prednisone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUti and Prednisone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,079 users)
Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 123,847 Uti patients).