Pregabalin and Tuberculosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 63,777 people who have side effects when taking Pregabalin. Tuberculosis is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Humira and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pregabalin and have Tuberculosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
63,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Pregabalin.
Among them, 24 people (0.04%) have Tuberculosis.
What is Pregabalin?
Pregabalin has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is used in fibromyalgia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 64,682 Pregabalin users.
What is Tuberculosis?
Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis) is found to be associated with 1,142 drugs and 751 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 25,049 people who have Tuberculosis.
Number of Pregabalin and Tuberculosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Tuberculosis when taking Pregabalin *:
- female: 76.19 %
- male: 23.81 %
Age of people who have Tuberculosis when taking Pregabalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.14 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 35.71 %
- 60+: 42.86 %
Common drugs people take besides Pregabalin *:
- Xeljanz Xr: 4 people, 16.67%
- Synthroid: 4 people, 16.67%
- Humira: 4 people, 16.67%
- Pantoprazole: 3 people, 12.50%
- Paracetamol: 3 people, 12.50%
- Pyridoxine: 3 people, 12.50%
- Methotrexate: 3 people, 12.50%
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 12.50%
- Omeprazole: 2 people, 8.33%
- Macitentan: 2 people, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Tuberculosis *:
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 20.83%
- Fever: 4 people, 16.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 12.50%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 12.50%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 12.50%
- Peripheral Swelling: 3 people, 12.50%
- Swelling Face: 3 people, 12.50%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 8.33%
- Pleuritic Pain: 2 people, 8.33%
- Cardiac Tamponade (fluid accumulates in heart covering): 2 people, 8.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 10 people, 41.67%
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 3 people, 12.50%
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor-Associated Periodic Syndrome: 2 people, 8.33%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 2 people, 8.33%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 8.33%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 2 people, 8.33%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 2 people, 8.33%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 8.33%
- Renal Osteodystrophy (a bone disease occurs when the kidneys fail to maintain the proper levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood): 2 people, 8.33%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 2 people, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pregabalin and have Tuberculosis?Check whether Tuberculosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
Pregabalin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Pregabalin side effects (64,682 reports)
Tuberculosis treatments and more:
- Tuberculosis (25,049 reports)
Common drugs associated with Tuberculosis:
- Remicade: 2,935 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,334 reports
- Humira: 1,650 reports
- Prednisone: 1,276 reports
- Enbrel: 1,214 reports
- Isoniazid: 647 reports
- Prednisolone: 608 reports
- Folic acid: 521 reports
- Pyrazinamide: 446 reports
- Simponi: 419 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Tuberculosis:
- Tuberculosis (1,142 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Tuberculosis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,312 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,047 reports
- Psoriasis: 882 reports
- Ankylosing spondylitis: 802 reports
- Hiv infection: 459 reports
- Ulcerative colitis: 395 reports
- High blood pressure: 333 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Tuberculosis:
- Tuberculosis (751 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Pregabalin) and Pregabalin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ibuprofen and Maraviroc drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Povidone Iodine and Urine Output - Decreased - 38 seconds ago
- Neurontin and Stammering - 53 seconds ago
- Depakote and Anuria - 55 seconds ago
- Chamomile and Eliquis drug interaction - a minute ago
- Avandamet and Vomiting Projectile - a minute ago
- Restoril and Nicotrol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Signifor and Nasopharyngitis - a minute ago
- Vesicare and Omnipred drug interaction - a minute ago
- Xopenex and Rhinovirus Infection - a minute ago