Prelone and Itching - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 792 people who have side effects when taking Prelone. Itching is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Methotrexate and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prelone and have Itching. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prelone.
Among them, 42 people (5.3%) have Itching.
What is Prelone?
Prelone has active ingredients of prednisolone. It is used in asthma. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 859 Prelone users.
What is Itching?
Itching is found to be associated with 4,534 drugs and 4,403 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 368,584 people who have Itching.
Number of Prelone and Itching reports submitted per year:
Time on Prelone when people have Itching *:
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Prelone*:
Age of people who have Itching when taking Prelone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prelone *:
Common side effects people have besides Itching *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prelone and have Itching?Check whether Itching is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Abdullah, D., Mohamed, A. M. F. S., & Liew, A. K. C., "Dentine hypersensitivity-like tooth pain associated with the use of high-dose steroid therapy", Journal of conservative dentistry: JCD, 2018 Jan .
Prelone side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Prelone side effects (859 reports)
Itching treatments and more:
- Itching (368,584 reports)
Common drugs associated with Itching:
- Dupixent: 16,992 reports
- Prednisone: 14,612 reports
- Methotrexate: 14,098 reports
- Aspirin: 12,993 reports
- Humira: 12,525 reports
- Enbrel: 11,906 reports
- Adapalene: 11,653 reports
- Ibu: 8,316 reports
- Profen: 8,297 reports
- Ibuprofen: 8,295 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Itching:
- Itching (4,534 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Itching:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 16,788 reports
- Psoriasis: 12,849 reports
- High blood pressure: 12,585 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 12,545 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 10,377 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Itching:
- Itching (4,403 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisolone (the active ingredients of Prelone) and Prelone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lamisil and Celecoxib drug interaction - a second ago
- Diclofenac Sodium and Pyridoxine drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Procardia Xl and Gingival Bleeding - 3 seconds ago
- Docefrez and Paraplatin drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Anastrozole and Platelet Count Abnormal - 4 seconds ago
- Glipizide and Uterine Leiomyoma - 6 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Cardiac Tamponade - 9 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Herpes Zoster - 11 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Oesophageal Discomfort - 12 seconds ago
- Veltassa and Zofran drug interaction - 16 seconds ago