Premarin and Bleeding time prolonged - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 96,847 people who have side effects when taking Premarin. Bleeding time prolonged is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take Vioxx and have Multiple sclerosis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Premarin and have Bleeding time prolonged. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
96,847 people reported to have side effects when taking Premarin.
Among them, 19 people (0.02%) have Bleeding time prolonged.
What is Premarin?
Premarin has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is used in hormone replacement therapy. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 97,936 Premarin users.
What is Bleeding time prolonged?
Bleeding time prolonged is found to be associated with 686 drugs and 370 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,933 people who have Bleeding time prolonged.
Number of Premarin and Bleeding time prolonged reports submitted per year:
Time on Premarin when people have Bleeding time prolonged *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Bleeding time prolonged when taking Premarin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Bleeding time prolonged when taking Premarin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 44.44 %
Common drugs people take besides Premarin *:
- Vioxx: 5 people, 26.32%
- Baclofen: 3 people, 15.79%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 15.79%
- Wellbutrin: 3 people, 15.79%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 15.79%
- Effexor: 2 people, 10.53%
- Betaseron: 2 people, 10.53%
- Clonazepam: 2 people, 10.53%
- Prozac: 2 people, 10.53%
- Prilosec: 2 people, 10.53%
Common side effects people have besides Bleeding time prolonged *:
- Head Injury: 3 people, 15.79%
- Fever: 3 people, 15.79%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 15.79%
- Drug Effect Decreased: 3 people, 15.79%
- Ecchymosis (a discoloration of the skin resulting from bleeding underneath): 3 people, 15.79%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 15.79%
- Fall: 3 people, 15.79%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 10.53%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 10.53%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 10.53%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 10.53%
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 5.26%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 5.26%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 5.26%
- Lacunar Infarction (type of stroke): 1 person, 5.26%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 5.26%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 5.26%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Premarin and have Bleeding time prolonged?Check whether Bleeding time prolonged is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Premarin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Premarin side effects (97,936 reports)
Bleeding time prolonged treatments and more:
- Bleeding time prolonged (1,933 reports)
Common drugs associated with Bleeding time prolonged:
- Aspirin: 188 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Bleeding time prolonged:
- Bleeding time prolonged (686 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bleeding time prolonged:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 127 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Bleeding time prolonged:
- Bleeding time prolonged (370 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on estrogens, conjugated (the active ingredients of Premarin) and Premarin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Klor-Con M20 and Cefuroxime drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Vyvanse and Lung Disorder - 9 seconds ago
- Testosterone and Cefazolin drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Lovenox and Hypertransaminasaemia - 18 seconds ago
- Diphen and Metastases To Bone Marrow - 20 seconds ago
- Ofev and Allegra drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Linzess and Tagrisso drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Glipizide and Esomeprazole Strontium drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride and White Blood Cell Count Decreased - 35 seconds ago
- Zaleplon and Latisse drug interaction - 39 seconds ago