Premarin and Hydrocephalus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 96,847 people who have side effects when taking Premarin. Hydrocephalus is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Prevacid and have Pain in extremity.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Premarin and have Hydrocephalus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
96,847 people reported to have side effects when taking Premarin.
Among them, 23 people (0.02%) have Hydrocephalus.
What is Premarin?
Premarin has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is used in hormone replacement therapy. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 97,936 Premarin users.
What is Hydrocephalus?
Hydrocephalus (water on the brain) is found to be associated with 1,690 drugs and 1,237 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 6,613 people who have Hydrocephalus.
Number of Premarin and Hydrocephalus reports submitted per year:
Time on Premarin when people have Hydrocephalus *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hydrocephalus when taking Premarin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hydrocephalus when taking Premarin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.56 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 44.44 %
- 60+: 38.89 %
Common drugs people take besides Premarin *:
- Vioxx: 10 people, 43.48%
- Prevacid: 10 people, 43.48%
- Trental: 7 people, 30.43%
- Protonix: 6 people, 26.09%
- Levaquin: 5 people, 21.74%
- Synthroid: 5 people, 21.74%
- Acetaminophen: 5 people, 21.74%
- Zofran: 4 people, 17.39%
- Furosemide: 4 people, 17.39%
- Zometa: 3 people, 13.04%
Common side effects people have besides Hydrocephalus *:
- Diarrhea: 15 people, 65.22%
- Dizziness: 14 people, 60.87%
- Headache (pain in head): 13 people, 56.52%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 12 people, 52.17%
- Heart Attack: 10 people, 43.48%
- Peripheral Vascular Disorder: 10 people, 43.48%
- Hyperkeratosis (thickening of the outer layer of the skin): 10 people, 43.48%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 10 people, 43.48%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 10 people, 43.48%
- Weakness: 10 people, 43.48%
Common conditions people have *:
- Reflux Oesophagitis (an oesophageal mucosal injury that occurs of gastric contents into the oesophagus): 7 people, 30.43%
- Pain In Extremity: 7 people, 30.43%
- Joint Pain: 5 people, 21.74%
- Amenorrhea (absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age): 5 people, 21.74%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 3 people, 13.04%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 13.04%
- Rosacea (a skin condition that causes facial redness): 2 people, 8.70%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 8.70%
- Withdrawal Bleeding Irregular (irregular bleeding occurs between periods): 1 person, 4.35%
- Progesterone Decreased: 1 person, 4.35%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Premarin and have Hydrocephalus?Check whether Hydrocephalus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Premarin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Premarin side effects (97,936 reports)
Hydrocephalus treatments and more:
- Hydrocephalus (6,613 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hydrocephalus:
- Aspirin: 252 reports
- Methotrexate: 238 reports
- Prednisone: 226 reports
- Prednisolone: 225 reports
- Dexamethasone: 224 reports
- Heparin: 176 reports
- Paxil: 174 reports
- Pantoprazole: 166 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 157 reports
- Omeprazole: 155 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hydrocephalus:
- Hydrocephalus (1,690 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hydrocephalus:
- High blood pressure: 230 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 217 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 208 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 190 reports
- Depression: 184 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hydrocephalus:
- Hydrocephalus (1,237 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on estrogens, conjugated (the active ingredients of Premarin) and Premarin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Orphenadrine Citrate drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Dipyridamole and Rash Erythematous Aggravated - 29 seconds ago
- Tapentadol Hydrochloride and Codeine drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Tricor and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 45 seconds ago
- Mycophenolate Mofetil and Betaxolol drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Loratadine and Opcon-A drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Aripiprazole and Soolantra drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Diclofenac Sodium and Alprazolam drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Amitiza and Hyperhidrosis - a minute ago
- Albenza and Cabergoline drug interaction - a minute ago