Premarin and Trigeminal neuralgia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Trigeminal neuralgia is found among people who take Premarin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Premarin and have Trigeminal neuralgia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 94,499 people who have side effects when taking Premarin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
94,499 people reported to have side effects when taking Premarin.
Among them, 30 people (0.03%) have Trigeminal neuralgia.
What is Premarin?
Premarin has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. eHealthMe is studying from 95,572 Premarin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Trigeminal neuralgia?
Trigeminal neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation) is found to be associated with 1,067 drugs and 655 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Premarin and Trigeminal neuralgia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Trigeminal neuralgia when taking Premarin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Trigeminal neuralgia when taking Premarin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 70 %
Common drugs people take besides Premarin *:
- Prevacid: 8 people, 26.67%
- Neurontin: 7 people, 23.33%
- Synthroid: 6 people, 20.00%
- Lyrica: 5 people, 16.67%
- Fosamax: 5 people, 16.67%
- Zyrtec: 4 people, 13.33%
- Valium: 4 people, 13.33%
- Seroquel: 4 people, 13.33%
- Lipitor: 4 people, 13.33%
- Prozac: 4 people, 13.33%
Common side effects people have besides Trigeminal neuralgia *:
- Joint Pain: 7 people, 23.33%
- Facial Pain: 7 people, 23.33%
- Pain In Extremity: 7 people, 23.33%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 6 people, 20.00%
- Weight Decreased: 5 people, 16.67%
- Adverse Event: 5 people, 16.67%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 16.67%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 5 people, 16.67%
- Weight Increased: 4 people, 13.33%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 4 people, 13.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 10.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 6.67%
- Depression: 2 people, 6.67%
- Hormone Level Abnormal: 2 people, 6.67%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 6.67%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 2 people, 6.67%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 6.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 6.67%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 6.67%
- Pain In Jaw: 2 people, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Premarin and have Trigeminal neuralgia?Check whether Trigeminal neuralgia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Trigeminal neuralgia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of estrogens, conjugated:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Premarin:
- Premarin (95,572 reports)
Common Premarin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Premarin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Trigeminal neuralgia treatments and more:
- Trigeminal neuralgia (11,275 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Trigeminal neuralgia:
- Trigeminal neuralgia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Trigeminal neuralgia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Trigeminal neuralgia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Trigeminal neuralgia:
All the drugs that are associated with Trigeminal neuralgia:
- Trigeminal neuralgia (1,067 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Trigeminal neuralgia:
All the conditions that are associated with Trigeminal neuralgia:
- Trigeminal neuralgia (655 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on estrogens, conjugated (the active ingredients of Premarin) and Premarin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Simvastatin and Droxidopa drug interaction - now
- Cholangiocarcinoma and moderna covid vaccine - 2 seconds ago
- Varenicline and Zantac drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) and Bursitis - 13 seconds ago
- Doxil and Neutrophil Count Decreased - 21 seconds ago
- Dapsone and Clonidine drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- How effective is Armodafinil for Narcolepsy? - 23 seconds ago
- Viread and Death - 26 seconds ago
- Metformin Hydrochloride and Confusional State - 38 seconds ago
- Zosyn and Cirrhosis Alcoholic - 40 seconds ago