Prevacid and Acute kidney failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Acute kidney failure is found among people who take Prevacid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prevacid and have Acute kidney failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 124,360 people who have side effects when taking Prevacid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
124,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Prevacid.
Among them, 18,787 people (15.11%) have Acute kidney failure.
What is Prevacid?
Prevacid has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 126,227 Prevacid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Acute kidney failure?
Acute kidney failure is found to be associated with 3,971 drugs and 3,941 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prevacid and Acute kidney failure reports submitted per year:
Time on Prevacid when people have Acute kidney failure *:
Gender of people who have Acute kidney failure when taking Prevacid*:
Age of people who have Acute kidney failure when taking Prevacid *:
Common drugs people take besides Prevacid *:
Common side effects people have besides Acute kidney failure *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prevacid and have Acute kidney failure?Check whether Acute kidney failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Acute kidney failure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lansoprazole:
- Acute kidney failure and drugs with ingredients of lansoprazole (20,259 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prevacid:
- Prevacid (126,227 reports)
Common Prevacid side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 54,179 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 18,787 reports
- Pain: 5,703 reports
- Interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 5,603 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,834 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4,493 reports
- Death: 4,317 reports
Browse all side effects of Prevacid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Acute kidney failure treatments and more:
- Acute kidney failure (171,982 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Acute kidney failure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Acute kidney failure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Nexium: 23,370 reports
- Prevacid: 18,787 reports
- Prilosec: 18,541 reports
- Protonix: 15,351 reports
- Truvada: 13,127 reports
- Aspirin: 12,590 reports
- Nexium 24hr: 11,242 reports
- Viread: 10,572 reports
- Prilosec otc: 10,502 reports
- Furosemide: 10,159 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure (3,971 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Hiv infection: 16,577 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 14,640 reports
- High blood pressure: 12,916 reports
- Pain: 8,943 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 7,048 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure (3,941 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lansoprazole (the active ingredients of Prevacid) and Prevacid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aspirin and Dyskinesia Aggravated - now
- Metaxalone vs. Voltaren-Xr - a second ago
- Gabapentin and Dyskinesia Aggravated - 3 seconds ago
- Exforge Hct and Dizziness - 3 seconds ago
- Oseltamivir Phosphate and Abnormal Behavior - 6 seconds ago
- Coreg and Lumbar Spinal Stenosis - 7 seconds ago
- Valsartan; Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Sertraline - 9 seconds ago
- Verelan Pm vs. Ibuprofen - 12 seconds ago
- Liptruzet and Oedema Peripheral - 12 seconds ago
- Nuplazid and Hip Joint Replacement - 13 seconds ago