Prevacid and Restless leg syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Prevacid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prevacid and have Restless leg syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 124,360 people who have side effects when taking Prevacid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
124,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Prevacid.
Among them, 214 people (0.17%) have Restless leg syndrome.
What is Prevacid?
Prevacid has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 126,206 Prevacid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Restless leg syndrome?
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) is found to be associated with 2,383 drugs and 1,763 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prevacid and Restless leg syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Prevacid when people have Restless leg syndrome *:
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Prevacid*:
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Prevacid *:
Common drugs people take besides Prevacid *:
Common side effects people have besides Restless leg syndrome *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prevacid and have Restless leg syndrome?Check whether Restless leg syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Restless leg syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lansoprazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prevacid:
- Prevacid (126,206 reports)
Common Prevacid side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 54,179 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 18,787 reports
- Pain: 5,703 reports
- Interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 5,603 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,834 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 4,507 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4,493 reports
Browse all side effects of Prevacid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Restless leg syndrome treatments and more:
- Restless leg syndrome (44,952 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Restless leg syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Restless leg syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Aspirin: 988 reports
- Gabapentin: 979 reports
- Fosamax: 892 reports
- Lyrica: 870 reports
- Clopra: 852 reports
- Metoclopramide: 850 reports
- Omeprazole: 848 reports
- Xyrem: 831 reports
- Requip: 829 reports
- Cymbalta: 782 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome (2,383 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Depression: 1,613 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,068 reports
- Pain: 978 reports
- Osteoporosis: 948 reports
- High blood pressure: 779 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Restless leg syndrome:
- Restless leg syndrome (1,763 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lansoprazole (the active ingredients of Prevacid) and Prevacid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Toradol vs. Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate - 3 seconds ago
- Supplementation Therapy and Dehydration - 4 seconds ago
- Mercaptopurine and Hypersensitivity - 9 seconds ago
- Nexium and Pneumoretroperitoneum - 10 seconds ago
- Butterbur vs. Oxycodone And Acetaminophen - 11 seconds ago
- Norethidrone vs. Implanon - 12 seconds ago
- Rizatriptan Benzoate vs. Butterbur - 14 seconds ago
- Inflectra and Hypersensitivity - 15 seconds ago
- Roxicodone and Dehydration - 16 seconds ago
- Drowsiness and Dehydration - 18 seconds ago