Prezista and Dry mouth - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dry mouth is found among people who take Prezista, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prezista and have Dry mouth. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,047 people who have side effects when taking Prezista from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Prezista.
Among them, 13 people (0.12%) have Dry mouth.
What is Prezista?
Prezista has active ingredients of darunavir ethanolate. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 11,166 Prezista users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dry mouth?
Dry mouth is found to be associated with 2,903 drugs and 2,418 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prezista and Dry mouth reports submitted per year:
Time on Prezista when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Prezista *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Prezista *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 12.5 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 37.5 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Prezista *:
- Norvir: 8 people, 61.54%
- Isentress: 5 people, 38.46%
- Truvada: 4 people, 30.77%
- Videx: 3 people, 23.08%
- Valtrex: 3 people, 23.08%
- Plantago Ovata: 2 people, 15.38%
- Emtriva: 2 people, 15.38%
- Fish Oil: 2 people, 15.38%
- Dexilant: 2 people, 15.38%
- Xyrem: 2 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Dry mouth *:
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 5 people, 38.46%
- Itching: 4 people, 30.77%
- Fever: 4 people, 30.77%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 30.77%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 3 people, 23.08%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 23.08%
- Hypoaesthesia Oral (reduced sense of touch or sensation in mouth): 3 people, 23.08%
- Eye Pain: 3 people, 23.08%
- Mental Impairment (a condition affecting the body, perhaps through sight or hearing loss, a mobility difficulty or a health condition): 3 people, 23.08%
- Dizziness: 3 people, 23.08%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 15.38%
- Herpes Zoster: 2 people, 15.38%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 15.38%
- Pain: 1 person, 7.69%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 1 person, 7.69%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1 person, 7.69%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 7.69%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 7.69%
- Herpes Virus Infection: 1 person, 7.69%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prezista and have Dry mouth?Check whether Dry mouth is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dry mouth and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of darunavir ethanolate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prezista:
- Prezista (11,166 reports)
Common Prezista side effects:
Browse all side effects of Prezista:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dry mouth treatments and more:
- Dry mouth (85,680 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dry mouth in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dry mouth in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dry mouth:
All the drugs that are associated with Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth (2,903 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dry mouth:
All the conditions that are associated with Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth (2,418 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on darunavir ethanolate (the active ingredients of Prezista) and Prezista (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Effexor and Lavender drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Adalat and Triazolam drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Ditropan and Constipation - 50 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Vagifem drug interaction - a minute ago
- Hair Loss in Nitrofurantoin, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- L-Lysine and Vfend drug interaction - a minute ago
- Aristocort and Avandia drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Tooth Abscess - a minute ago
- Sodium Bicarbonate and Xgeva drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mirapex vs. Ativan - 2 minutes ago