Will you have Uti with Prezista - from FDA reports
Uti is found among people who take Prezista, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Norvir, and have Herpes virus infection. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,785 people who have side effects when taking Prezista from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on darunavir ethanolate (the active ingredients of Prezista) and Prezista (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Uti are also considered in the study.
What is Prezista?
Prezista has active ingredients of darunavir ethanolate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Prezista 7,898 users)
What is Uti?
Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 152,347 Uti patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
7,785 people reported to have side effects when taking Prezista.
Among them, 42 people (0.54%) have Uti
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prezista when people have Uti *:
- < 1 month: 22.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 22.22 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.22 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Prezista *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Uti when taking Prezista *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.94 %
- 20-29: 14.71 %
- 30-39: 5.88 %
- 40-49: 50.0 %
- 50-59: 8.82 %
- 60+: 17.65 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 3 people, 7.14%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 7.14%
- Breast Infection: 3 people, 7.14%
- Herpes Virus Infection: 3 people, 7.14%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 2.38%
- Depression: 1 person, 2.38%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 2.38%
- Face And Mouth X-Ray Abnormal: 1 person, 2.38%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 1 person, 2.38%
- Herpes Simplex (herpes simplex is a common viral infection): 1 person, 2.38%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Norvir: 27 people, 64.29%
- Isentress: 13 people, 30.95%
- Truvada: 12 people, 28.57%
- Tivicay: 7 people, 16.67%
- Bactrim: 5 people, 11.90%
- Flexeril: 5 people, 11.90%
- Viread: 5 people, 11.90%
- Percocet: 5 people, 11.90%
- Ibuprofen: 4 people, 9.52%
- Ritonavir: 4 people, 9.52%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 10 people, 23.81%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 9 people, 21.43%
- Depression: 8 people, 19.05%
- Vaginal Lesion: 7 people, 16.67%
- Rheumatoid Factor Increased: 7 people, 16.67%
- Lipoma (a growth of fatty tissue that slowly develops just under your skin): 7 people, 16.67%
- Joint Swelling: 7 people, 16.67%
- Hypoaesthesia Oral (reduced sense of touch or sensation in mouth): 7 people, 16.67%
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 7 people, 16.67%
- Hepatitis C: 7 people, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Uti while taking Prezista?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Prezista and have Uti
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with UtiUti (3,228 drugs)
Could your condition cause UtiUti (3,087 conditions)
Prezista side effects
- Prezista side effects (7,790 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Prezistaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Prezista with similar drugs
- Prezista vs. Abacavir
- Prezista vs. Abacavir sulfate; lamivudine
- Prezista vs. Atazanavir sulfate
- Prezista vs. Atripla
- Prezista vs. Bactrim
- Prezista vs. Bactrim ds
- Prezista vs. Combivir
- Prezista vs. Complera
- Prezista vs. Didanosine
- Prezista vs. Efavirenz
- Prezista vs. Epivir
- Prezista vs. Epzicom
- Prezista vs. Genvoya
- Prezista vs. Intelence
- Prezista vs. Isentress
- Prezista vs. Kaletra
- Prezista vs. Lamivudine
- Prezista vs. Lexiva
- Prezista vs. Lopinavir; ritonavir
- Prezista vs. Nevirapine
- Prezista vs. Norvir
- Prezista vs. Reyataz
- Prezista vs. Selzentry
- Prezista vs. Stribild
- Prezista vs. Sustiva
- Prezista vs. Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- Prezista vs. Tivicay
- Prezista vs. Triumeq
- Prezista vs. Trizivir
- Prezista vs. Truvada
- Prezista vs. Viracept
- Prezista vs. Viramune
- Prezista vs. Viramune xr
- Prezista vs. Viread
- Prezista vs. Ziagen
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Minocycline Hydrochloride and Tagetes drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Diverticulitis with Tolterodine? - 3 seconds ago
- Toviaz and Wellbutrin Sr drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- What to expect when you take Metformin and have Schistosomiasis? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Weakness with Minocycline Hydrochloride? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Product Odor Abnormal with Qvar 40? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscular Weakness with Minocycline Hydrochloride? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Product Odour Abnormal with Qvar 40? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Fatigue with Minocycline Hydrochloride? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness with Minocycline Hydrochloride? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 48 year old man who takes Invega Sustenna - 19 minutes ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Accutane - an hour ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Alendronate Sodium, Nitrofurantoin - an hour ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Bisoprolol Fumarate, Ramipril, Doxazosin Mesylate - an hour ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Mirena - an hour ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Lipitor, Metoprolol Tartrate, Brilinta, Lisinopril - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Multivitamin for a 34 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old man who takes Zonisamide, Lexapro - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old man who takes Spiriva, Symbicort - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Simvastatin, Metformin, Metoprolol Succinate - 3 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.