Prilosec and Enterococcus test positive - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Enterococcus test positive is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prilosec and have Enterococcus test positive. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 165,391 people who have side effects when taking Prilosec from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
165,391 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec.
Among them, 8 people (0.0%) have Enterococcus test positive.
What is Prilosec?
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 168,968 Prilosec users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Enterococcus test positive?
Enterococcus test positive is found to be associated with 507 drugs and 255 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prilosec and Enterococcus test positive reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Enterococcus test positive when taking Prilosec *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Enterococcus test positive when taking Prilosec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Prilosec *:
- Benadryl: 3 people, 37.50%
- Digoxin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Fish Oil: 3 people, 37.50%
- Nystatin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Colace: 3 people, 37.50%
- Nitroglycerin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Hydrocortisone: 3 people, 37.50%
- Lasix: 3 people, 37.50%
- Celexa: 3 people, 37.50%
Common side effects people have besides Enterococcus test positive *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 75.00%
- Rashes (redness): 5 people, 62.50%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 5 people, 62.50%
- Dizziness: 5 people, 62.50%
- Haematocrit Decreased: 4 people, 50.00%
- Fever: 4 people, 50.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 3 people, 37.50%
- Joint Pain: 3 people, 37.50%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 37.50%
- Multiple Injuries: 3 people, 37.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 3 people, 37.50%
- Indigestion: 2 people, 25.00%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 1 person, 12.50%
- Myeloid Leukaemia (a type of cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 1 person, 12.50%
- Cholangiocarcinoma (a cancer that forms glands or secretes significant amounts of mucins): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prilosec and have Enterococcus test positive?Check whether Enterococcus test positive is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Enterococcus test positive and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of omeprazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prilosec:
- Prilosec (168,968 reports)
Common Prilosec side effects:
Browse all side effects of Prilosec:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Enterococcus test positive treatments and more:
- Enterococcus test positive (703 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Enterococcus test positive:
- Enterococcus test positive in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Enterococcus test positive in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Enterococcus test positive in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Enterococcus test positive:
- Prednisone: 117 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Enterococcus test positive:
- Enterococcus test positive (507 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Enterococcus test positive:
- Enterococcus test positive (255 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Prilosec) and Prilosec (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zocor and Cardiac Murmur - now
- Zanaflex and Breast Infection - 8 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Famvir drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Ribasphere and Zolpidem Tartrate drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Tinnitus and drugs of ingredients of pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease) - 23 seconds ago
- Xyzal and Tretinoin drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Chronic Kidney Disease in Tadalafil, how severe and when it was recovered? - 31 seconds ago
- Lurasidone Hydrochloride and Drug Ineffective - 58 seconds ago
- Sumatriptan and Aldactone drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lamprene and Mycobacterium Avium Complex Infection - a minute ago