Prilosec and Intestinal anastomosis complication - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Intestinal anastomosis complication is reported only by a few people who take Prilosec.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prilosec and have Intestinal anastomosis complication. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 165,391 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
165,391 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Intestinal anastomosis complication.
What is Prilosec?
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 169,007 Prilosec users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Intestinal anastomosis complication?
Intestinal anastomosis complication is found to be associated with 148 drugs and 95 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prilosec and Intestinal anastomosis complication reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Intestinal anastomosis complication when taking Prilosec *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Intestinal anastomosis complication when taking Prilosec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Prilosec *:
- Humira: 3 people, 75.00%
- Vitamin B12: 2 people, 50.00%
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 25.00%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 25.00%
- Pentasa: 1 person, 25.00%
- Multivitamin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Methotrexate Sodium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Librax: 1 person, 25.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 25.00%
- Flagyl: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Intestinal anastomosis complication *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 50.00%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 2 people, 50.00%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 25.00%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 1 person, 25.00%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 25.00%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 1 person, 25.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1 person, 25.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 25.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 4 people, 100.00%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 1 person, 25.00%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prilosec and have Intestinal anastomosis complication?Check whether Intestinal anastomosis complication is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Intestinal anastomosis complication and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of omeprazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prilosec:
- Prilosec (169,007 reports)
Common Prilosec side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 50,470 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 18,775 reports
- Pain: 9,171 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8,895 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,739 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7,478 reports
Browse all side effects of Prilosec:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Intestinal anastomosis complication treatments and more:
- Intestinal anastomosis complication (309 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Intestinal anastomosis complication:
- Intestinal anastomosis complication in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Intestinal anastomosis complication in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Intestinal anastomosis complication in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Intestinal anastomosis complication:
- Humira: 149 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Intestinal anastomosis complication:
- Intestinal anastomosis complication (148 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Intestinal anastomosis complication:
- Crohn's disease: 175 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Intestinal anastomosis complication:
- Intestinal anastomosis complication (95 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on omeprazole (the active ingredients of Prilosec) and Prilosec (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hypercholesterolaemia Aggravated and Libido Increased - now
- Acne and Cerebral Atrophy - 16 seconds ago
- Maxzide and Skin Haemorrhage - 18 seconds ago
- Stavudine and Vision - Night Blindness - 23 seconds ago
- Muscle Relaxant Therapy and Headache - 26 seconds ago
- Analgesia and Neutrophil Count Increased - 29 seconds ago
- Remifentanil Hydrochloride and Gastritis - Chronic - 34 seconds ago
- Elocon and Lotensin drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Vivactil and Chronic Thyroiditis - 37 seconds ago
- Alupent and Demadex drug interaction - 39 seconds ago