Prilosec and Rash - from FDA reports
Rash is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Rash with Prilosec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,647 people who have side effects when taking Prilosec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 23, 2017
83,647 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec.
Among them, 3,191 people (3.81%) have Rash
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prilosec when people have Rash *:
- < 1 month: 40.23 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.79 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.9 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.9 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.79 %
- 5 - 10 years: 16.09 %
- 10+ years: 2.3 %
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Prilosec *:
- female: 64.43 %
- male: 35.57 %
Age of people who have Rash when taking Prilosec *:
- 0-1: 0.08 %
- 2-9: 0.43 %
- 10-19: 1.05 %
- 20-29: 2.69 %
- 30-39: 5.07 %
- 40-49: 14.17 %
- 50-59: 24.79 %
- 60+: 51.68 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (306 people, 9.59%)
- High Blood Pressure (280 people, 8.77%)
- Multiple Myeloma (241 people, 7.55%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (191 people, 5.99%)
- Osteoporosis (187 people, 5.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (435 people, 13.63%)
- Aspirin (408 people, 12.79%)
- Lasix (388 people, 12.16%)
- Synthroid (321 people, 10.06%)
- Aredia (318 people, 9.97%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (696 people, 21.81%)
- Nausea (619 people, 19.40%)
- Itching (613 people, 19.21%)
- Fatigue (568 people, 17.80%)
- Diarrhea (550 people, 17.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Rash when taking Prilosec?
- Check symptoms - is rash caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRash and drugs with ingredients of omeprazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRash and Prilosec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 86,734 users)
Rash has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 290,944 Rash patients).
Browse all side effects of Priloseca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with RashRash
Could your condition cause RashRash
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohammad MM, Syrigos KN, Saif MW, "Association between Rash and a Positive Drug Response Associated with Vinorelbine in a Patient with Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma", Case reports in dermatological medicine, 2013 Sep .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have an under active thyroid and I have been taking a natural thyroid treatment called W.P. Thyroid which has Inulin from chicory root as an additive. I had been taking it for 15 months with out any problems but I increased the dose and then started with itchy blisters on my hands ...
I've been taking 20 mg Uloric for about 2 weeks. I've developed a skin rash in my arm pits and upper back. Can I continue taking it and hope the rash goes away or should I discontinue using it. There's very little itchiness and started putting hydrocortisone cream on it. I had a severe ...
User posts to the study
I've been taking this MucinexDM for a week and a half and two days ago i broke out with a rash on my chest and back. I stopped taking MucinexDM yesterday, will the rash go away on its own or do I need to treat it in some way? Dave
Took Gabapentin for 6 months. Started getting an extremely itchy acne-like rash at about 4 months. Titrated of the drug but rash has continued to spread. Have been off the drug for 10 days but the rash continues to spread at what seems to be an ever accelerating rate.
It has even years since my menopause journey started. I have recently been diagnosed with a rash / eczema, diagnosed on the buttocks, visually by a doctor. I have always had pain in that area when finally the rash nevame visible I have taken all sorts of different HRT, starting with the pill ...