Who have Sudden death with Prilosec - from FDA reports
Sudden death is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Nexium, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 103,508 people who have side effects when taking Prilosec from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
103,508 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec.
Among them, 2,771 people (2.68%) have Sudden death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prilosec when people have Sudden death *:
- < 1 month: 0.96 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.84 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.72 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.78 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.01 %
- 10+ years: 77.35 %
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Prilosec *:
- female: 51.46 %
- male: 48.54 %
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Prilosec *:
- 0-1: 0.3 %
- 2-9: 0.52 %
- 10-19: 0.82 %
- 20-29: 1.19 %
- 30-39: 2.9 %
- 40-49: 7.81 %
- 50-59: 16.8 %
- 60+: 69.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 223 people, 8.05%
- Pain: 141 people, 5.09%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 101 people, 3.64%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 85 people, 3.07%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 66 people, 2.38%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium: 1,072 people, 38.69%
- Protonix: 1,006 people, 36.30%
- Prevacid: 982 people, 35.44%
- Dexilant: 908 people, 32.77%
- Nexium 24hr: 879 people, 31.72%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Acute Kidney Failure: 683 people, 24.65%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 469 people, 16.93%
- Pain: 319 people, 11.51%
- Stress And Anxiety: 264 people, 9.53%
- Breathing Difficulty: 214 people, 7.72%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Sudden death while taking Prilosec?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Sudden death
- Subscribe to monitor Sudden death in Prilosec
You are not alone:
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 106,601 users)
Sudden death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, pain, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes (latest reports from 472,046 Sudden death patients).
Drugs that are associated with Sudden deathSudden death (3,482 drugs)
Could your condition cause Sudden deathSudden death (3,574 conditions)
Prilosec side effects
- Prilosec side effects (103,550 reports)
Browse all side effects of Priloseca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Lactate Dehydrogenase Urine Increased with Prevacid? - now
- Dicumarol and Factive drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Jamais Vu with Glofil-125? - a second ago
- Will you have Xith Nerve Paralysis with Losartan Potassium? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Dural Tear with Allegra? - 10 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Xolair, Nexplanon - 50 minutes ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Lexapro - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Maxide, Amlodipine, Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Aspirin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Dulera, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Plavix, Cozaar, Lipitor, Thalitone - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Wellbutrin Xl - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.