Pristiq and Kidney failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Kidney failure is found among people who take Pristiq, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pristiq and have Kidney failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,675 people who have side effects when taking Pristiq from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Pristiq.
Among them, 35 people (0.22%) have Kidney failure.
What is Pristiq?
Pristiq has active ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 19,278 Pristiq users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Kidney failure?
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) is found to be associated with 3,643 drugs and 3,706 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Pristiq and Kidney failure reports submitted per year:
Time on Pristiq when people have Kidney failure *:
- < 1 month: 22.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Pristiq *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Pristiq *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 14.81 %
- 30-39: 3.7 %
- 40-49: 7.41 %
- 50-59: 51.85 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Common drugs people take besides Pristiq *:
- Lasix: 8 people, 22.86%
- Paxil: 6 people, 17.14%
- Melatonin: 4 people, 11.43%
- Zinc Sulfate: 4 people, 11.43%
- Prilosec: 4 people, 11.43%
- Xifaxan: 4 people, 11.43%
- Rebetol: 4 people, 11.43%
- Norvasc: 4 people, 11.43%
- Spironolactone: 4 people, 11.43%
- Cozaar: 4 people, 11.43%
Common side effects people have besides Kidney failure *:
- Weakness: 11 people, 31.43%
- High Blood Pressure: 9 people, 25.71%
- Diabetes: 7 people, 20.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 7 people, 20.00%
- Memory Loss: 6 people, 17.14%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 6 people, 17.14%
- Serotonin Syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time): 6 people, 17.14%
- Suicide Attempt: 6 people, 17.14%
- Pneumonia: 6 people, 17.14%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 5 people, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatitis C: 4 people, 11.43%
- Asthma: 3 people, 8.57%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 5.71%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 2 people, 5.71%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 5.71%
- Weight Loss: 1 person, 2.86%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 2.86%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 2.86%
- Pain: 1 person, 2.86%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 1 person, 2.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pristiq and have Kidney failure?Check whether Kidney failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Kidney failure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Pristiq:
- Pristiq (19,278 reports)
Common Pristiq side effects:
Browse all side effects of Pristiq:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Kidney failure treatments and more:
- Kidney failure (171,972 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Kidney failure:
- Kidney failure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Kidney failure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Kidney failure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Kidney failure:
All the drugs that are associated with Kidney failure:
- Kidney failure (3,643 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Kidney failure:
All the conditions that are associated with Kidney failure:
- Kidney failure (3,706 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on desvenlafaxine succinate (the active ingredients of Pristiq) and Pristiq (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamins and Joint Ankylosis - 2 seconds ago
- Itraconazole and Lymphocytosis - 4 seconds ago
- Ceftazidime and Encephalitis - 6 seconds ago
- Atrovent Hfa and Bumetanide drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Ketek and Trimethoprim drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Lidocaine Viscous and Jaundice - Yellow Skin - 27 seconds ago
- Effexor and Caverject drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Myrbetriq and Rogaine Extra Strength drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- How effective is Diazepam for Sciatica? - 35 seconds ago
- Nasacort and Olux drug interaction - 35 seconds ago