Proair hfa and Tuberculosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 50,759 people who have side effects when taking Proair hfa. Tuberculosis is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take Humira and have Cataplexy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Proair hfa and have Tuberculosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
50,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Proair hfa.
Among them, 14 people (0.03%) have Tuberculosis.
What is Proair hfa?
Proair hfa has active ingredients of albuterol sulfate. It is used in asthma. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 51,358 Proair hfa users.
What is Tuberculosis?
Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis) is found to be associated with 1,142 drugs and 751 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 25,049 people who have Tuberculosis.
Number of Proair hfa and Tuberculosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Proair hfa when people have Tuberculosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tuberculosis when taking Proair hfa *:
- female: 85.71 %
- male: 14.29 %
Age of people who have Tuberculosis when taking Proair hfa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Proair hfa *:
- Humira: 5 people, 35.71%
- Adderall: 4 people, 28.57%
- Advair Hfa: 4 people, 28.57%
- Topamax: 4 people, 28.57%
- Ventolin Hfa: 3 people, 21.43%
- Ondansetron: 3 people, 21.43%
- Flovent Hfa: 3 people, 21.43%
- Ritalin: 3 people, 21.43%
- Marijuana: 3 people, 21.43%
- Chantix: 3 people, 21.43%
Common side effects people have besides Tuberculosis *:
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 4 people, 28.57%
- Asthma Exercise Induced: 3 people, 21.43%
- Pain: 3 people, 21.43%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 14.29%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 14.29%
- Fall: 2 people, 14.29%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 14.29%
- Memory Loss: 2 people, 14.29%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 14.29%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 2 people, 14.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 21.43%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 3 people, 21.43%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 3 people, 21.43%
- Depression: 3 people, 21.43%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 21.43%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 21.43%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 3 people, 21.43%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 14.29%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 14.29%
- Pain: 2 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Proair hfa and have Tuberculosis?Check whether Tuberculosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Proair hfa side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Proair hfa side effects (51,358 reports)
Tuberculosis treatments and more:
- Tuberculosis (25,049 reports)
Common drugs associated with Tuberculosis:
- Remicade: 2,935 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,334 reports
- Humira: 1,650 reports
- Prednisone: 1,276 reports
- Enbrel: 1,214 reports
- Isoniazid: 647 reports
- Prednisolone: 608 reports
- Folic acid: 521 reports
- Pyrazinamide: 446 reports
- Simponi: 419 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Tuberculosis:
- Tuberculosis (1,142 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Tuberculosis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,312 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,047 reports
- Psoriasis: 882 reports
- Ankylosing spondylitis: 802 reports
- Hiv infection: 459 reports
- Ulcerative colitis: 395 reports
- High blood pressure: 333 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Tuberculosis:
- Tuberculosis (751 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on albuterol sulfate (the active ingredients of Proair hfa) and Proair hfa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Olmesartan Medoxomil and Prednisolone Acetate drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Avodart and Levemir drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Effexor Xr and Motion Sickness - 18 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Nivestym drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Congestive Cardiomyopathy - 23 seconds ago
- Prolia and Middle Insomnia - 35 seconds ago
- Zytiga and Mevacor drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Midol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Rifampin and General Physical Health Deterioration - a minute ago
- Celestone and Lamictal drug interaction - a minute ago