Probiotics and Gastrointestinal ulcer - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal ulcer is reported only by a few people who take Probiotics.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Probiotics and have Gastrointestinal ulcer. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,346 people who have side effects while taking Probiotics from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,346 people reported to have side effects when taking Probiotics.
Among them, 5 people (0.12%) have Gastrointestinal ulcer.
What is Probiotics?
Probiotics has active ingredients of bifidobacteria. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. eHealthMe is studying from 4,772 Probiotics users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastrointestinal ulcer?
Gastrointestinal ulcer is found to be associated with 772 drugs and 403 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Probiotics and Gastrointestinal ulcer reports submitted per year:
Time on Probiotics when people have Gastrointestinal ulcer *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal ulcer when taking Probiotics *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal ulcer when taking Probiotics *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Probiotics *:
- Humira: 3 people, 60.00%
- Vitamin D: 2 people, 40.00%
- Amlodipine: 2 people, 40.00%
- Vitamin C: 1 person, 20.00%
- Vitamin A: 1 person, 20.00%
- Tirosint: 1 person, 20.00%
- Prempro: 1 person, 20.00%
- Multivitamin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 20.00%
- Eliquis: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal ulcer *:
- Abdominal Pain: 3 people, 60.00%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 40.00%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Abscess Intestinal (collections of pus-intestinal): 2 people, 40.00%
- Adhesion: 2 people, 40.00%
- Procedural Pain: 2 people, 40.00%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 2 people, 40.00%
- Yellow Skin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Fistula (an abnormal connection or passageway between two): 1 person, 20.00%
- Fall: 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 60.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 40.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 1 person, 20.00%
- Muscle Atrophy (a decrease in the mass of the muscle): 1 person, 20.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 20.00%
- Enteritis Infectious (infection with feline parvovirus (fpv), also known as feline panleucopenia virus): 1 person, 20.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Probiotics and have Gastrointestinal ulcer?Check whether Gastrointestinal ulcer is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastrointestinal ulcer and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bifidobacteria:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Probiotics:
- Probiotics (4,772 reports)
Common Probiotics side effects:
- Diarrhea: 481 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 479 reports
- Drug ineffective: 342 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 309 reports
- Dizziness: 273 reports
- Rashes (redness): 270 reports
- Pain: 267 reports
Browse all side effects of Probiotics:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastrointestinal ulcer treatments and more:
- Gastrointestinal ulcer (3,086 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastrointestinal ulcer:
- Gastrointestinal ulcer in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal ulcer in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal ulcer in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastrointestinal ulcer:
- Aspirin: 263 reports
- Humira: 243 reports
- Vioxx: 152 reports
- Ibuprofen: 139 reports
- Omeprazole: 123 reports
- Plavix: 120 reports
- Methotrexate: 120 reports
- Prednisone: 109 reports
- Celebrex: 105 reports
- Lisinopril: 102 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastrointestinal ulcer:
- Gastrointestinal ulcer (772 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastrointestinal ulcer:
- Crohn's disease: 179 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 126 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastrointestinal ulcer:
- Gastrointestinal ulcer (403 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bifidobacteria (the active ingredients of Probiotics) and Probiotics (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Daliresp and Duoneb drug interaction - a second ago
- Multiple Myeloma and Vitamin B12 Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Blood Creatinine Increased and drugs of ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride - 4 seconds ago
- Imuran and Simple Partial Seizures - 7 seconds ago
- Actigall and Ondansetron Hydrochloride drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Hypercholesterolaemia Aggravated and Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Abnormal - 14 seconds ago
- Clonidine Hydrochloride and Restasis drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Carafate and Cerebrovascular Disorder - 20 seconds ago
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride and Septic Shock - 22 seconds ago
- Prempro and Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus - 24 seconds ago