Procardia xl and Night sweats - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Night sweats is found among people who take Procardia xl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Procardia xl and have Night sweats. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,928 people who have side effects when taking Procardia xl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
5,928 people reported to have side effects when taking Procardia xl.
Among them, 11 people (0.19%) have Night sweats.
What is Procardia xl?
Procardia xl has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 6,084 Procardia xl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Night sweats?
Night sweats (sweating in night) is found to be associated with 2,195 drugs and 1,635 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Procardia xl and Night sweats reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Night sweats when taking Procardia xl *:
- female: 63.64 %
- male: 36.36 %
Age of people who have Night sweats when taking Procardia xl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 20 %
- 40-49: 30 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Procardia xl *:
- Normodyne: 3 people, 27.27%
- Lopid: 3 people, 27.27%
- Zometa: 2 people, 18.18%
- Azasan: 2 people, 18.18%
- Melphalan: 2 people, 18.18%
- Bactrim Ds: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lortab: 2 people, 18.18%
- Baycol: 2 people, 18.18%
- Cardura: 2 people, 18.18%
- Catapres: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Night sweats *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 72.73%
- Weakness: 8 people, 72.73%
- Dizziness: 7 people, 63.64%
- Chest Pain: 6 people, 54.55%
- Back Pain: 6 people, 54.55%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 6 people, 54.55%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 54.55%
- Constipation: 5 people, 45.45%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 5 people, 45.45%
- Pain In Extremity: 5 people, 45.45%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 18.18%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 18.18%
- Breast Cancer: 2 people, 18.18%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 18.18%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 18.18%
- Sarcoidosis (an inflammatory disease that affects multiple organs in the body, but mostly the lungs and lymph glands): 2 people, 18.18%
- Fluid Imbalance (imbalance of fluid in body in intake and fluid lost): 1 person, 9.09%
- Asthma: 1 person, 9.09%
- Blood Testosterone Decreased: 1 person, 9.09%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Procardia xl and have Night sweats?Check whether Night sweats is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Murday HK, Rusli FD, Blandy C, Vollenhoven B, "Night sweats: it may be hemochromatosis", Climacteric, 2016 Jul .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Procardia xl:
- Procardia xl (6,084 reports)
Night sweats treatments and more:
- Night sweats (31,810 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Night sweats:
- Night sweats in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Night sweats in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Night sweats in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Night sweats and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nifedipine:
- Night sweats and drugs with ingredients of nifedipine (153 reports)
Common drugs associated with Night sweats:
All the drugs that are associated with Night sweats:
- Night sweats (2,195 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Night sweats:
All the conditions that are associated with Night sweats:
- Night sweats (1,635 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nifedipine (the active ingredients of Procardia xl) and Procardia xl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Linzess and Night Sweats - 3 seconds ago
- Habitrol and Diabetes - 5 seconds ago
- Mepivacaine Hydrochloride and Bridion drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Aredia and Anion Gap Decreased - 7 seconds ago
- Penicillin and Stools - Watery - 20 seconds ago