Procardia and Cytokine release syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cytokine release syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Procardia.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Procardia and have Cytokine release syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,466 people who have side effects while taking Procardia from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,466 people reported to have side effects when taking Procardia.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Cytokine release syndrome.
What is Procardia?
Procardia has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 14,786 Procardia users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cytokine release syndrome?
Cytokine release syndrome (immediate complication occurring with the use of anti-t cell antibody infusions) is found to be associated with 702 drugs and 363 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Procardia and Cytokine release syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cytokine release syndrome when taking Procardia *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Cytokine release syndrome when taking Procardia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Procardia *:
- Valtrex: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prograf: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 50.00%
- Paxil: 1 person, 50.00%
- Mycelex: 1 person, 50.00%
- Keppra: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glucophage: 1 person, 50.00%
- Flomax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Eliquis: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diflucan: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Cytokine release syndrome *:
- Wound Secretion: 1 person, 50.00%
- Urine Output Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1 person, 50.00%
- Haematocrit Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fever: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dysgraphia (impaired ability to learn to write): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 1 person, 50.00%
- Enlarged Prostate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 50.00%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Procardia and have Cytokine release syndrome?Check whether Cytokine release syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cytokine release syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nifedipine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Procardia:
- Procardia (14,786 reports)
Common Procardia side effects:
- High blood pressure: 1,471 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 944 reports
- Pain: 883 reports
- Weakness: 871 reports
- Drug ineffective: 864 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 851 reports
Browse all side effects of Procardia:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cytokine release syndrome treatments and more:
- Cytokine release syndrome (8,342 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cytokine release syndrome:
- Cytokine release syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cytokine release syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cytokine release syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cytokine release syndrome:
- Cyclophosphamide: 2,244 reports
- Fludara: 2,240 reports
- Allopurinol: 692 reports
- Lopurin: 692 reports
- Ondansetron: 476 reports
- Fluconazole: 431 reports
- Prednisone: 378 reports
- Pantoprazole: 368 reports
- Blincyto: 366 reports
- Levetiracetam: 365 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Cytokine release syndrome:
- Cytokine release syndrome (702 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cytokine release syndrome:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma: 2,050 reports
- Chemotherapy: 1,032 reports
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all): 659 reports
- Burkitt lymphoma: 457 reports
- Pain: 227 reports
- High blood pressure: 204 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Cytokine release syndrome:
- Cytokine release syndrome (363 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nifedipine (the active ingredients of Procardia) and Procardia (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zyprexa and Erection Problems - 3 seconds ago
- Ibu and Juluca drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Glutathione and Oxcarbazepine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Meclizine Hydrochloride and Injection Site Bruising - 13 seconds ago
- Type 2 Diabetes and Endophthalmitis - 20 seconds ago
- Evista and Cymbalta drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Cellcept and Tuberculosis Of Central Nervous System - 30 seconds ago
- Sudafed and Breast Cancer Aggravated - 38 seconds ago
- Gaviscon and Atropine drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- How effective is Metoprolol Succinate for Blood Pressure Management? - a minute ago