Prochlorperazine maleate and Vitamin b12 deficiency - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Vitamin b12 deficiency is reported only by a few people who take Prochlorperazine Maleate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prochlorperazine maleate and have Vitamin b12 deficiency. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,192 people who have side effects while taking Prochlorperazine maleate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,192 people reported to have side effects when taking Prochlorperazine maleate.
Among them, 4 people (0.05%) have Vitamin b12 deficiency.
What is Prochlorperazine maleate?
Prochlorperazine maleate has active ingredients of prochlorperazine maleate. It is often used in nausea. eHealthMe is studying from 8,290 Prochlorperazine maleate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Vitamin b12 deficiency?
Vitamin b12 deficiency is found to be associated with 1,233 drugs and 670 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prochlorperazine maleate and Vitamin b12 deficiency reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Prochlorperazine maleate *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Prochlorperazine maleate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Prochlorperazine maleate *:
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 75.00%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 50.00%
- Benadryl: 2 people, 50.00%
- Faslodex: 2 people, 50.00%
- Ibrance: 2 people, 50.00%
- Arimidex: 2 people, 50.00%
- Potassium: 2 people, 50.00%
- Lortab: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 25.00%
- Inlyta: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Vitamin b12 deficiency *:
- Pain: 3 people, 75.00%
- Weakness: 3 people, 75.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 50.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 2 people, 50.00%
- Folate Deficiency (lack of folic acid): 2 people, 50.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 2 people, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 50.00%
- Essential Hypertension (primary hypertension): 2 people, 50.00%
- Discomfort: 2 people, 50.00%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 50.00%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 2 people, 50.00%
- Breast Cancer Female: 2 people, 50.00%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 25.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 1 person, 25.00%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 1 person, 25.00%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prochlorperazine maleate and have Vitamin b12 deficiency?Check whether Vitamin b12 deficiency is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Rajsekhar P, Reddy MM, Vaddera S, Rajini G, Tikeli V, "A Rare Case of Vitamin B12 Deficiency with Ascites", Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Vitamin b12 deficiency and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prochlorperazine maleate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prochlorperazine maleate:
- Prochlorperazine maleate (8,290 reports)
Common Prochlorperazine maleate side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,081 reports
- Diarrhea: 818 reports
- Weakness: 575 reports
- Death: 549 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 464 reports
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 446 reports
- Pneumonia: 432 reports
- Rashes (redness): 418 reports
Browse all side effects of Prochlorperazine maleate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Vitamin b12 deficiency treatments and more:
- Vitamin b12 deficiency (8,137 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Vitamin b12 deficiency:
- Vitamin b12 deficiency in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Vitamin b12 deficiency in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Vitamin b12 deficiency in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Vitamin b12 deficiency:
- Metformin: 566 reports
- Fosamax: 402 reports
- Aspirin: 360 reports
- Vitamin b12: 257 reports
- Omeprazole: 249 reports
- Prednisone: 225 reports
- Humira: 183 reports
- Synthroid: 180 reports
- Nexium: 175 reports
- Pantoprazole: 173 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Vitamin b12 deficiency:
- Vitamin b12 deficiency (1,233 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Vitamin b12 deficiency:
- Osteoporosis: 370 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 358 reports
- High blood pressure: 281 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 279 reports
- Pain: 214 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 205 reports
- Crohn's disease: 201 reports
- Depression: 184 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Vitamin b12 deficiency:
- Vitamin b12 deficiency (670 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prochlorperazine maleate (the active ingredients of Prochlorperazine maleate) and Prochlorperazine maleate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Abiraterone Acetate and Muscle Strain - now
- Spironolactone and Hetlioz drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Lemon Balm and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 5 seconds ago
- Zyloprim vs. Prednisolone - 8 seconds ago
- Topamax Sprinkle vs. Meloxicam - 9 seconds ago
- Coq10 and Adderall drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Dulera vs. Flovent Diskus 250 - 12 seconds ago
- Oxycodone and Testicular Pain - 13 seconds ago
- Bruxism in Adderall, how severe and when it was recovered? - 16 seconds ago
- Viagra and Chills - 17 seconds ago