Procysbi and Irritable bowel syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Irritable bowel syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Procysbi.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Procysbi and have Irritable bowel syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 880 people who have side effects while taking Procysbi from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
880 people reported to have side effects when taking Procysbi.
Among them, 2 people (0.23%) have Irritable bowel syndrome.
What is Procysbi?
Procysbi has active ingredients of cysteamine bitartrate. eHealthMe is studying from 880 Procysbi users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Irritable bowel syndrome?
Irritable bowel syndrome is found to be associated with 2,638 drugs and 2,037 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Procysbi and Irritable bowel syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Procysbi *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Procysbi *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Procysbi *:
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 50.00%
- Zomig: 1 person, 50.00%
- Protonix: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prograf: 1 person, 50.00%
- Percocet: 1 person, 50.00%
- Paxil: 1 person, 50.00%
- Norvasc: 1 person, 50.00%
- Linzess: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gralise: 1 person, 50.00%
- Benadryl: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Irritable bowel syndrome *:
- Amino Acid Level Increased: 2 people, 100.00%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Activities Of Daily Living Impaired: 1 person, 50.00%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1 person, 50.00%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye): 1 person, 50.00%
- Constipation: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1 person, 50.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cystinosis (abnormal accumulation of the amino acid cystine): 1 person, 50.00%
- Amino Acid Metabolism Disorder: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Procysbi and have Irritable bowel syndrome?Check whether Irritable bowel syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Irritable bowel syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cysteamine bitartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Procysbi:
- Procysbi (880 reports)
Common Procysbi side effects:
- Nausea and vomiting: 168 reports
Browse all side effects of Procysbi:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Irritable bowel syndrome treatments and more:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (43,387 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Accutane: 4,848 reports
- Prednisone: 2,927 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,728 reports
- Enbrel: 2,492 reports
- Profen: 2,356 reports
- Ibu: 2,355 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,355 reports
- Humira: 2,258 reports
- Cimzia: 2,159 reports
- Simponi: 2,131 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2,638 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Acne: 3,224 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,051 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,869 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,043 reports
- Pain: 876 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 850 reports
- Depression: 778 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2,037 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cysteamine bitartrate (the active ingredients of Procysbi) and Procysbi (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gemcitabine and Metastases To Small Intestine - 2 seconds ago
- Propulsid and Armour Thyroid drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Mitral Valve Incompetence - 8 seconds ago
- Propulsid and Aricept drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Loraz and Advil drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Nasopharyngitis and drugs of ingredients of bosutinib - 17 seconds ago
- Skelaxin and Keloids - 18 seconds ago
- Ketoprofen and Adcal drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Relafen and Zelnorm drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Burnout Syndrome and drugs of ingredients of dexlansoprazole - 25 seconds ago