Procysbi and Muscle spasms - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Muscle spasms is reported only by a few people who take Procysbi.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Procysbi and have Muscle spasms. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 880 people who have side effects while taking Procysbi from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
880 people reported to have side effects when taking Procysbi.
Among them, 3 people (0.34%) have Muscle spasms.
What is Procysbi?
Procysbi has active ingredients of cysteamine bitartrate. eHealthMe is studying from 880 Procysbi users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Muscle spasms?
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) is found to be associated with 3,665 drugs and 3,034 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Procysbi and Muscle spasms reports submitted per year:
Time on Procysbi when people have Muscle spasms *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Procysbi *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Procysbi *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 50 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Procysbi *:
- Zofran: 1 person, 33.33%
- Wellbutrin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Prograf: 1 person, 33.33%
- Magnesium: 1 person, 33.33%
- Lexapro: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Muscle spasms *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 66.67%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 1 person, 33.33%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 1 person, 33.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 33.33%
- Bone Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cystinosis (abnormal accumulation of the amino acid cystine): 2 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Procysbi and have Muscle spasms?Check whether Muscle spasms is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Muscle spasms and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cysteamine bitartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Procysbi:
- Procysbi (880 reports)
Common Procysbi side effects:
- Nausea and vomiting: 168 reports
Browse all side effects of Procysbi:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Muscle spasms treatments and more:
- Muscle spasms (209,162 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Muscle spasms:
- Muscle spasms in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Muscle spasms in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Muscle spasms in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Muscle spasms:
- Aspirin: 9,268 reports
- Forteo: 6,477 reports
- Prednisone: 6,366 reports
- Revlimid: 6,313 reports
- Humira: 5,790 reports
- Lipitor: 5,638 reports
- Vitamin d: 5,618 reports
- Omeprazole: 5,432 reports
- Gabapentin: 5,202 reports
- Lisinopril: 5,120 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Muscle spasms:
- Muscle spasms (3,665 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Muscle spasms:
- Multiple sclerosis: 14,911 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,767 reports
- Osteoporosis: 8,438 reports
- High blood pressure: 7,508 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 6,954 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 6,843 reports
- Pain: 6,304 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Muscle spasms:
- Muscle spasms (3,034 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cysteamine bitartrate (the active ingredients of Procysbi) and Procysbi (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Herceptin and Kisqali drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Lovaza and Aldomet drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Simbrinza and Restless Leg Syndrome - 19 seconds ago
- Fluvoxamine Maleate and Metformin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Imipenem And Cilastatin and Drowsiness - 37 seconds ago
- Nexplanon and Arava drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Peginterferon and Pepcid drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Albendazole and Thrombocytopenia - 45 seconds ago
- Ibu and Pick'S Disease - 51 seconds ago
- Evoxac and Plegridy drug interaction - 54 seconds ago