Profen and Breathing difficulty - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Profen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Profen and have Breathing difficulty. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 204,671 people who have side effects when taking Profen from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
204,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Profen.
Among them, 10,286 people (5.03%) have Breathing difficulty.
What is Profen?
Profen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 210,554 Profen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Breathing difficulty?
Breathing difficulty is found to be associated with 5,149 drugs and 6,001 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Profen and Breathing difficulty reports submitted per year:
Time on Profen when people have Breathing difficulty *:
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Profen*:
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Profen *:
Common drugs people take besides Profen *:
Common side effects people have besides Breathing difficulty *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Profen and have Breathing difficulty?Check whether Breathing difficulty is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
How severe was Breathing difficulty and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ibuprofen:
- Breathing difficulty and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen (14,692 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Profen:
- Profen (210,554 reports)
Common Profen side effects:
- Pain: 17,497 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 15,338 reports
- Drug ineffective: 14,999 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 13,179 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 11,560 reports
- Rashes (redness): 11,357 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 10,787 reports
- Joint pain: 10,715 reports
Browse all side effects of Profen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Breathing difficulty treatments and more:
- Breathing difficulty (579,842 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Prednisone: 37,839 reports
- Aspirin: 30,142 reports
- Spiriva: 25,479 reports
- Symbicort: 20,576 reports
- Furosemide: 19,316 reports
- Omeprazole: 18,194 reports
- Methotrexate: 17,095 reports
- Lasix: 16,702 reports
- Metformin: 16,584 reports
- Albuterol: 16,534 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (5,149 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Asthma: 40,041 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 34,524 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,686 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,046 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 24,612 reports
- Pain: 16,235 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (6,001 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ibuprofen (the active ingredients of Profen) and Profen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Glucotrol Xl and Weight Decreased - 17 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Urine Output - Decreased - 20 seconds ago
- Glucotrol Xl and Drug Ineffective - 20 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone and Citalopram Hydrobromide drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Nuvaring and Palynziq drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Hydrocodone Compound vs. Oxycodone 5/Apap 500 - 34 seconds ago
- Humira and Pneumonia Klebsiella - 34 seconds ago
- Stress And Anxiety and Drowsiness - 52 seconds ago
- Olanzapine and Blood In Stool - a minute ago
- Magnesium and Erosive Oesophagitis - a minute ago