Profen and Bulimia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bulimia is found among people who take Profen, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Profen and have Bulimia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 204,671 people who have side effects when taking Profen from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
204,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Profen.
Among them, 19 people (0.01%) have Bulimia.
What is Profen?
Profen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 190,060 Profen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bulimia?
Bulimia (eating disorder) is found to be associated with 390 drugs and 249 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Profen and Bulimia reports submitted per year:
Time on Profen when people have Bulimia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bulimia when taking Profen *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Bulimia when taking Profen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 23.53 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 58.82 %
- 40-49: 11.76 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 5.88 %
Common drugs people take besides Profen *:
- Vitamin D3: 10 people, 52.63%
- Aleve: 4 people, 21.05%
- Accutane: 3 people, 15.79%
- Tylenol: 3 people, 15.79%
- Metoclopramide: 2 people, 10.53%
- Risperdal: 2 people, 10.53%
- Estradiol: 2 people, 10.53%
- Effexor: 2 people, 10.53%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 10.53%
- Methotrexate: 2 people, 10.53%
Common side effects people have besides Bulimia *:
- Weight Decreased: 14 people, 73.68%
- Alcoholism (problems with alcohol): 11 people, 57.89%
- Drug Dependence: 11 people, 57.89%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 11 people, 57.89%
- Wound Infection: 10 people, 52.63%
- Oropharyngeal Pain: 10 people, 52.63%
- Abdominal Discomfort: 10 people, 52.63%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 10 people, 52.63%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 10 people, 52.63%
- Circulatory Collapse: 10 people, 52.63%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatitis C: 10 people, 52.63%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 10.53%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 10.53%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 2 people, 10.53%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 10.53%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 10.53%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 1 person, 5.26%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Profen and have Bulimia?Check whether Bulimia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
How severe was Bulimia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ibuprofen:
- Bulimia and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen (19 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Profen:
- Profen (190,060 reports)
Common Profen side effects:
Browse all side effects of Profen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Bulimia treatments and more:
- Bulimia (1,009 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bulimia:
- Bulimia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bulimia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bulimia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bulimia:
- Accutane: 126 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Bulimia:
- Bulimia (390 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Bulimia:
- Bulimia (249 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ibuprofen (the active ingredients of Profen) and Profen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Omeprazole and Hepatitis C Positive - a second ago
- Gabitril and Gastric Disorder - 2 seconds ago
- Janumet Xr and Cataract - 15 seconds ago
- Temovate and Liver Disorder - 22 seconds ago
- Viracept and Right Ventricular Systolic Pressure Increased - 24 seconds ago
- Vivelle-Dot and Tendon Injury - 26 seconds ago
- Lozol and Itching - 30 seconds ago
- Cleocin T and Bedridden - 41 seconds ago
- Provera and Vicodin drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Sudafed and Colazal drug interaction - 46 seconds ago