Profen and Multifocal motor neuropathy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Multifocal motor neuropathy is reported only by a few people who take Profen.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Profen and have Multifocal motor neuropathy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 204,671 people who have side effects while taking Profen from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
204,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Profen.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Multifocal motor neuropathy.
What is Profen?
Profen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 210,513 Profen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Multifocal motor neuropathy?
Multifocal motor neuropathy (a progressively worsening condition where muscles in the extremities gradually weaken) is found to be associated with 97 drugs and 55 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Profen and Multifocal motor neuropathy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Multifocal motor neuropathy when taking Profen *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Multifocal motor neuropathy when taking Profen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Profen *:
- Xyrem: 1 person, 50.00%
- Novalgin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Melatonin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Humira: 1 person, 50.00%
- Ativan: 1 person, 50.00%
- Adderall: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Multifocal motor neuropathy *:
- Weakness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Respiratory Tract Infection: 1 person, 50.00%
- Polyneuropathy (neurological disorder that occurs when many peripheral nerves throughout the body malfunction simultaneously): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 1 person, 50.00%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hereditary Neuropathy With Liability To Pressure Palsies (hereditary disorder of the nerves): 1 person, 50.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 50.00%
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow): 1 person, 50.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 50.00%
- Belching (release of gas from the digestive tract): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 50.00%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 50.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Profen and have Multifocal motor neuropathy?Check whether Multifocal motor neuropathy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
How severe was Multifocal motor neuropathy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ibuprofen:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Profen:
- Profen (210,513 reports)
Common Profen side effects:
- Pain: 17,497 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 15,338 reports
- Drug ineffective: 14,999 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 13,179 reports
- Rashes (redness): 11,409 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 10,787 reports
- Joint pain: 10,715 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 10,620 reports
Browse all side effects of Profen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Multifocal motor neuropathy treatments and more:
- Multifocal motor neuropathy (641 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Multifocal motor neuropathy:
- Multifocal motor neuropathy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Multifocal motor neuropathy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Multifocal motor neuropathy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Multifocal motor neuropathy:
- Multifocal motor neuropathy (97 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Multifocal motor neuropathy:
- Multifocal motor neuropathy (55 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ibuprofen (the active ingredients of Profen) and Profen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Effexor Xr and Renal Impairment - 2 seconds ago
- Toprol-Xl and Urinary Incontinence - 5 seconds ago
- Gleevec and Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia Transformation - 6 seconds ago
- Abilify and Xcopri drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Ceretec and Zyrtec drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Fosaprepitant and Yervoy drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Anzemet and Weight Decreased - 19 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Blood Potassium Abnormal - 27 seconds ago
- Valium and Megace Es drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Silent Myocardial Infarction - 35 seconds ago