Promacta and Renal failure acute - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Renal failure acute is found among people who take Promacta, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Promacta and have Renal failure acute. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,537 people who have side effects when taking Promacta from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,537 people reported to have side effects when taking Promacta.
Among them, 36 people (0.25%) have Renal failure acute.
What is Promacta?
Promacta has active ingredients of eltrombopag olamine. It is often used in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (itp). eHealthMe is studying from 14,570 Promacta users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Renal failure acute?
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) is found to be associated with 3,041 drugs and 3,043 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Promacta and Renal failure acute reports submitted per year:
Time on Promacta when people have Renal failure acute *:
- < 1 month: 40.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Promacta *:
- female: 73.53 %
- male: 26.47 %
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Promacta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.45 %
- 40-49: 10.34 %
- 50-59: 31.03 %
- 60+: 55.17 %
Common drugs people take besides Promacta *:
- Danazol: 8 people, 22.22%
- Rituxan: 4 people, 11.11%
- Metoprolol Succinate: 4 people, 11.11%
- Nplate: 4 people, 11.11%
- Prednisolone: 4 people, 11.11%
- Prednisone: 4 people, 11.11%
- Zosyn: 3 people, 8.33%
- Colace: 3 people, 8.33%
- Etoposide: 3 people, 8.33%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Renal failure acute *:
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 10 people, 27.78%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 6 people, 16.67%
- Drug Ineffective: 5 people, 13.89%
- Death: 5 people, 13.89%
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting): 5 people, 13.89%
- Liver Function Test Abnormal: 4 people, 11.11%
- Primary Myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow): 4 people, 11.11%
- Abdominal Pain: 4 people, 11.11%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 11.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 11.11%
Common conditions people have *:
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting): 17 people, 47.22%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 3 people, 8.33%
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia (isolated low platelet count (thrombocytopenia) with normal bone marrow and the absence of other causes of thrombocytopenia): 3 people, 8.33%
- Taste - Impaired: 1 person, 2.78%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 1 person, 2.78%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 2.78%
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 1 person, 2.78%
- Hepatic Encephalopathy (spectrum of neuropsychiatric abnormalities in patients with liver failure): 1 person, 2.78%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 1 person, 2.78%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Promacta and have Renal failure acute?Check whether Renal failure acute is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
How severe was Renal failure acute and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of eltrombopag olamine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Promacta:
- Promacta (14,570 reports)
Common Promacta side effects:
- Death: 2,356 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 2,268 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,190 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 745 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 573 reports
- Diarrhea: 493 reports
Browse all side effects of Promacta:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Renal failure acute treatments and more:
- Renal failure acute (73,864 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Renal failure acute in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Renal failure acute in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Renal failure acute:
- Metformin: 5,929 reports
- Aspirin: 5,823 reports
- Lasix: 5,489 reports
- Furosemide: 5,462 reports
- Lisinopril: 4,178 reports
- Simvastatin: 3,559 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,429 reports
- Prednisone: 3,314 reports
- Lopurin: 3,241 reports
- Allopurinol: 3,241 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute (3,041 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Renal failure acute:
- High blood pressure: 6,913 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 3,046 reports
- Diabetes: 2,594 reports
- Pain: 2,373 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 2,264 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 1,881 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute (3,043 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on eltrombopag olamine (the active ingredients of Promacta) and Promacta (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Venofer and Postoperative Wound Infection - 3 seconds ago
- Potassium and Acoustic Trauma - 7 seconds ago
- Azathioprine vs. Pentasa - 9 seconds ago
- Azmacort vs. Budesonide - 11 seconds ago
- Lupron and Nosebleed - 17 seconds ago
- Guaifenesin and Occipital Neuralgia - 24 seconds ago
- Valtrex and Azotaemia - 24 seconds ago
- Mobic and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - 25 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate and Intraventricular Haemorrhage - 29 seconds ago
- Balsalazide Disodium vs. Simponi - 29 seconds ago