Promethazine and Glaucoma aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Glaucoma aggravated is found among people who take Promethazine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Promethazine and have Glaucoma aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,965 people who have side effects when taking Promethazine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
28,965 people reported to have side effects when taking Promethazine.
Among them, 39 people (0.13%) have Glaucoma aggravated.
What is Promethazine?
Promethazine has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. eHealthMe is studying from 29,986 Promethazine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Glaucoma aggravated?
Glaucoma aggravated (worse increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) is found to be associated with 1,304 drugs and 269 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Promethazine and Glaucoma aggravated reports submitted per year:
Time on Promethazine when people have Glaucoma aggravated *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma aggravated when taking Promethazine *:
- female: 89.74 %
- male: 10.26 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma aggravated when taking Promethazine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.57 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10.71 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 53.57 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Promethazine *:
- Lumigan: 9 people, 23.08%
- Prednisone: 8 people, 20.51%
- Fentanyl: 7 people, 17.95%
- Humira: 7 people, 17.95%
- Vitamin D3: 7 people, 17.95%
- Lyrica: 7 people, 17.95%
- Cymbalta: 6 people, 15.38%
- Synthroid: 5 people, 12.82%
- Aredia: 5 people, 12.82%
- Diazepam: 5 people, 12.82%
Common side effects people have besides Glaucoma aggravated *:
- Pain: 8 people, 20.51%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 17.95%
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 15.38%
- Rashes (redness): 6 people, 15.38%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 6 people, 15.38%
- Pain In Extremity: 6 people, 15.38%
- Fall: 6 people, 15.38%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 5 people, 12.82%
- Back Pain: 5 people, 12.82%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 5 people, 12.82%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 7 people, 17.95%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 17.95%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 6 people, 15.38%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 6 people, 15.38%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 15.38%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 5 people, 12.82%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 4 people, 10.26%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 7.69%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 7.69%
- Depression: 3 people, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Promethazine and have Glaucoma aggravated?Check whether Glaucoma aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
How severe was Glaucoma aggravated and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Promethazine:
- Promethazine (29,986 reports)
Common Promethazine side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 2,870 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 1,910 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,818 reports
- Pain: 1,726 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,451 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,447 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,440 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,398 reports
Browse all side effects of Promethazine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Glaucoma aggravated treatments and more:
- Glaucoma aggravated (46 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Glaucoma aggravated:
- Glaucoma aggravated in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Glaucoma aggravated in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Glaucoma aggravated in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Glaucoma aggravated:
- Prednisone: 1,683 reports
- Humira: 1,474 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,355 reports
- Xalatan: 1,292 reports
- Enbrel: 1,183 reports
- Aspirin: 1,155 reports
- Fosamax: 840 reports
- Metformin: 759 reports
- Lipitor: 743 reports
- Lantus: 682 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Glaucoma aggravated:
- Glaucoma aggravated (1,304 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Glaucoma aggravated:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,071 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,505 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,029 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 825 reports
- Diabetes: 823 reports
- Asthma: 809 reports
- Glaucoma: 766 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 701 reports
- Depression: 631 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Glaucoma aggravated:
- Glaucoma aggravated (269 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on promethazine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Promethazine) and Promethazine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Novalgin and Eyelid Oedema - 2 seconds ago
- Nadolol and Emotional Distress - 2 seconds ago
- Primidone and Tinnitus - 15 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Autoimmune Hepatitis - 26 seconds ago
- Pancreatin and Nephrotic Syndrome - 27 seconds ago
- Geodon and Victim Of Abuse - 30 seconds ago
- Modafinil and Hypergammaglobulinaemia Benign Monoclonal - 31 seconds ago
- Metaxalone and Thrombocytopenia - 33 seconds ago
- Ifex/Mesnex Kit and Speech Impairment (Adult) - 36 seconds ago
- Cisplatin and Dermatitis Exfoliative Aggravated - 41 seconds ago