Promethazine and Heart disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Heart disease is found among people who take Promethazine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Promethazine and have Heart disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,982 people who have side effects when taking Promethazine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,982 people reported to have side effects when taking Promethazine.
Among them, 36 people (0.14%) have Heart disease.
What is Promethazine?
Promethazine has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. eHealthMe is studying from 26,966 Promethazine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Heart disease?
Heart disease is found to be associated with 1,947 drugs and 1,334 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Promethazine and Heart disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Promethazine when people have Heart disease *:
- < 1 month: 18.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 45.45 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.09 %
- 10+ years: 18.18 %
Gender of people who have Heart disease when taking Promethazine *:
- female: 68.75 %
- male: 31.25 %
Age of people who have Heart disease when taking Promethazine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 8 %
- 40-49: 8 %
- 50-59: 44 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Promethazine *:
- Nexium: 10 people, 27.78%
- Prilosec: 9 people, 25.00%
- Prevacid: 9 people, 25.00%
- Norco: 8 people, 22.22%
- Ondansetron: 8 people, 22.22%
- Protonix: 7 people, 19.44%
- Onglyza: 7 people, 19.44%
- Lipitor: 6 people, 16.67%
- Kombiglyze Xr: 6 people, 16.67%
- Mobic: 6 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Heart disease *:
- High Blood Pressure: 9 people, 25.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 9 people, 25.00%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 8 people, 22.22%
- Heart Attack: 7 people, 19.44%
- Cardiac Failure: 7 people, 19.44%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 5 people, 13.89%
- Head Injury: 5 people, 13.89%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 4 people, 11.11%
- Acute Left Ventricular Failure (heart attack): 4 people, 11.11%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 8.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 15 people, 41.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 11 people, 30.56%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 9 people, 25.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 22.22%
- Depression: 8 people, 22.22%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 7 people, 19.44%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 6 people, 16.67%
- Diabetes: 6 people, 16.67%
- Hypersensitivity: 5 people, 13.89%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 13.89%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Promethazine and have Heart disease?Check whether Heart disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
How severe was Heart disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Promethazine:
- Promethazine (26,966 reports)
Common Promethazine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Promethazine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Heart disease treatments and more:
- Heart disease (39,772 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Heart disease:
- Heart disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Heart disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Heart disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Heart disease:
All the drugs that are associated with Heart disease:
- Heart disease (1,947 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Heart disease:
All the conditions that are associated with Heart disease:
- Heart disease (1,334 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on promethazine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Promethazine) and Promethazine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Calcium Lactate and Dehydration - 16 seconds ago
- Pravastatin Sodium and Axotal drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Dymista vs. Benadryl Preservative Free - 42 seconds ago
- Vasotec and Skin Necrosis - 44 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Dinitrate and Bumetanide drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Timolol Maleate and Blood Pressure Diastolic Decreased - 57 seconds ago
- Cyclophosphamide and Bladder Cancer - a minute ago
- Alendronic Acid and Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Unspecified - a minute ago
- Curcumin and Lipitor drug interaction - a minute ago
- Ampyra and Allegra-D 12 Hour drug interaction - a minute ago