Promethazine and Multiple myeloma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Multiple myeloma is found among people who take Promethazine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Promethazine and have Multiple myeloma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,982 people who have side effects when taking Promethazine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,982 people reported to have side effects when taking Promethazine.
Among them, 79 people (0.3%) have Multiple myeloma.
What is Promethazine?
Promethazine has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. eHealthMe is studying from 26,985 Promethazine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Multiple myeloma?
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) is found to be associated with 2,096 drugs and 1,272 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Promethazine and Multiple myeloma reports submitted per year:
Time on Promethazine when people have Multiple myeloma *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Multiple myeloma when taking Promethazine *:
- female: 60.81 %
- male: 39.19 %
Age of people who have Multiple myeloma when taking Promethazine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.72 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.72 %
- 40-49: 13.79 %
- 50-59: 34.48 %
- 60+: 48.28 %
Common drugs people take besides Promethazine *:
- Revlimid: 43 people, 54.43%
- Oxycodone: 27 people, 34.18%
- Velcade: 23 people, 29.11%
- Ondansetron: 22 people, 27.85%
- Zofran: 21 people, 26.58%
- Zometa: 18 people, 22.78%
- Miralax: 14 people, 17.72%
- Potassium: 13 people, 16.46%
- Aredia: 12 people, 15.19%
- Dexamethasone: 12 people, 15.19%
Common side effects people have besides Multiple myeloma *:
- Pain: 19 people, 24.05%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 19 people, 24.05%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 17 people, 21.52%
- Weakness: 17 people, 21.52%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 14 people, 17.72%
- Pneumonia: 14 people, 17.72%
- Dental Caries: 14 people, 17.72%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 14 people, 17.72%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 13 people, 16.46%
- Bone Lesion (bone with abnormalities. bone lesions can result from growth formations, infections, or injuries): 12 people, 15.19%
Common conditions people have *:
- Constipation: 10 people, 12.66%
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 11.39%
- Thyroid Diseases: 8 people, 10.13%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 8 people, 10.13%
- Migraine (headache): 7 people, 8.86%
- Hypothalamo-Pituitary Disorder (loss of function in an endocrine gland due to failure of the pituitary gland to secrete hormones which stimulate that gland's function): 7 people, 8.86%
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency: 7 people, 8.86%
- Nerve Injury: 7 people, 8.86%
- Oesophageal Achalasia (difficulty swallowing, food sticking in the oesophagus): 7 people, 8.86%
- Oesophageal Disorder (disease of oesophagus): 7 people, 8.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Promethazine and have Multiple myeloma?Check whether Multiple myeloma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
How severe was Multiple myeloma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Promethazine:
- Promethazine (26,985 reports)
Common Promethazine side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 2,870 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 1,910 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,818 reports
- Pain: 1,726 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,451 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,446 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,440 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,398 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,035 reports
Browse all side effects of Promethazine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Multiple myeloma treatments and more:
- Multiple myeloma (442,002 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Multiple myeloma:
- Multiple myeloma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Multiple myeloma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Multiple myeloma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Multiple myeloma:
- Revlimid: 17,070 reports
- Pomalyst: 4,970 reports
- Dexamethasone: 4,221 reports
- Velcade: 4,065 reports
- Bortezomib: 3,485 reports
- Aspirin: 2,677 reports
- Zometa: 2,399 reports
- Thalomid: 2,347 reports
- Lenalidomide: 1,948 reports
- Prednisone: 1,781 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Multiple myeloma:
- Multiple myeloma (2,096 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Multiple myeloma:
- Pain: 1,050 reports
- High blood pressure: 770 reports
- Osteoporosis: 602 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Multiple myeloma:
- Multiple myeloma (1,272 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on promethazine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Promethazine) and Promethazine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Teriflunomide drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Hypothermia and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - 8 seconds ago
- Red Blood Cell Count Increased and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - 13 seconds ago
- Ativan and Muscle Enzyme Increased - 20 seconds ago
- Breo Ellipta and Drug Ineffective - 21 seconds ago
- Singulair and Abortion Spontaneous - 22 seconds ago
- Muscle Relaxant Therapy and Cyst - 25 seconds ago
- Probiotic and Crohn'S Disease - 34 seconds ago
- Flagyl and Organising Pneumonia - 40 seconds ago
- Methylphenidate Hydrochloride and Bundle Branch Block Right - 42 seconds ago