Propranolol hydrochloride and Baldness - from FDA reports
Baldness is found among people who take Propranolol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, and have Hepatitis c. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,980 people who have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,980 people reported to have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride.
Among them, 21 people (0.7%) have Baldness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Baldness when taking Propranolol hydrochloride *:
- female: 95.24 %
- male: 4.76 %
Age of people who have Baldness when taking Propranolol hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.26 %
- 30-39: 21.05 %
- 40-49: 15.79 %
- 50-59: 15.79 %
- 60+: 42.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hepatitis C: 5 people, 23.81%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 3 people, 14.29%
- Tooth Abscess (pus formation in tooth): 2 people, 9.52%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 9.52%
- Ear Discomfort: 2 people, 9.52%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Coreg: 3 people, 14.29%
- Perphenazine: 3 people, 14.29%
- Cymbalta: 3 people, 14.29%
- Omeprazole: 3 people, 14.29%
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride: 3 people, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 23.81%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 19.05%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 4 people, 19.05%
- Constipation: 3 people, 14.29%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 3 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Baldness while taking Propranolol hydrochloride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Baldness
- Subscribe to monitor Baldness in Propranolol hydrochloride
You are not alone:
Propranolol hydrochloride has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Propranolol hydrochloride 4,896 users)
Baldness (partial or complete lack of hair growth) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, breast cancer female, high blood pressure (latest reports from 127,866 Baldness patients).
Drugs that are associated with BaldnessBaldness (3,107 drugs)
Could your condition cause BaldnessBaldness (2,895 conditions)
Propranolol hydrochloride side effects
- Propranolol hydrochloride side effects (2,981 reports)
Browse all side effects of Propranolol hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Electrocardiogram T Wave Inversion with Nasonex? - a second ago
- Will you have Rheumatoid Arthritis with Levo-T? - a second ago
- Will you have Osteoarthritis with Levo-T? - a second ago
- Will you have Nervousness with Levo-T? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Balance Disorder with Levo-T? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Lipitor, Zoloft, Aspirin - 16 minutes ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Aplenzin - 33 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Spironolactone, Lo Loestrin Fe, Zyrtec - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Vitamin D3, Calcium, Gabapentin, Morphine, Fluoxetine - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Humira - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.