Will you have Hairloss with Propranolol hydrochloride - from FDA reports
Hairloss is found among people who take Propranolol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Benztropine Mesylate, and have Hepatitis c. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,094 people who have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on propranolol hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Propranolol hydrochloride) and Propranolol hydrochloride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Hairloss are also considered in the study.
What is Propranolol hydrochloride?
Propranolol hydrochloride has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Propranolol hydrochloride 5,010 users)
What is Hairloss?
Hairloss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, breast cancer female, high blood pressure (latest reports from 136,892 Hairloss patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
3,094 people reported to have side effects when taking Propranolol hydrochloride.
Among them, 21 people (0.68%) have Hairloss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hairloss when taking Propranolol hydrochloride *:
- female: 95.24 %
- male: 4.76 %
Age of people who have Hairloss when taking Propranolol hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.26 %
- 30-39: 21.05 %
- 40-49: 15.79 %
- 50-59: 15.79 %
- 60+: 42.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hepatitis C: 5 people, 23.81%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 3 people, 14.29%
- Tooth Abscess (pus formation in tooth): 2 people, 9.52%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 9.52%
- Ear Discomfort: 2 people, 9.52%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 1 person, 4.76%
- Depression: 1 person, 4.76%
- Echinococciasis (human infection by the immature (larval) form of tapeworm, echinococcus): 1 person, 4.76%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 4.76%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 4.76%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Coreg: 3 people, 14.29%
- Perphenazine: 3 people, 14.29%
- Cymbalta: 3 people, 14.29%
- Omeprazole: 3 people, 14.29%
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride: 3 people, 14.29%
- Ribasphere: 3 people, 14.29%
- Nasonex: 3 people, 14.29%
- Toprol-Xl: 3 people, 14.29%
- Topamax: 3 people, 14.29%
- Benztropine Mesylate: 3 people, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 23.81%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 19.05%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 4 people, 19.05%
- Constipation: 3 people, 14.29%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 3 people, 14.29%
- Cough: 3 people, 14.29%
- Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat): 3 people, 14.29%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 3 people, 14.29%
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 3 people, 14.29%
- Onychoclasis (breaking of the nails): 3 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hairloss while taking Propranolol hydrochloride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hairloss
- Subscribe to monitor Hairloss in Propranolol hydrochloride
- Subscribe to monitor Propranolol hydrochloride
You are not alone, use our "Ginger Health" app to:
- connect with people like you who take Propranolol hydrochloride and have Hairloss
- use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Hairloss with Propranolol hydrochloride
Severity of Hairloss *:
- least: 11.11 %
- moderate: 44.44 %
- severe: 33.33 %
- most severe: 11.11 %
How people recovered from Hairloss *:
- while on drug: 0.0 %
- after off the drug: 0.0 %
- not yet: 100 %
Effectiveness of Propranolol hydrochloride when people have Hairloss *:
- not at all: 0.0 %
- somewhat: 22.22 %
- moderate: 22.22 %
- high: 44.44 %
- very high: 11.11 %
Race of the people *:
- African American, Non-Hispanic: 0.0 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.0 %
- Asian: 0.0 %
- Hispanic: 12.5 %
- Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders: 0.0 %
- Two or more races: 12.5 %
- White, Non-Hispanic: 75.0 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with HairlossHairloss (3,131 drugs)
Could your condition cause HairlossHairloss (2,888 conditions)
Propranolol hydrochloride side effects
- Propranolol hydrochloride side effects (3,095 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Propranolol hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Fenofibrate and Acacia drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypertensive Hemorrhage with Spiriva? - 3 seconds ago
- Ambien vs. Hydroxyzine - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Feeding Tube Complication with Klor-Con? - 5 seconds ago
- Ambien vs. Alprazolam - 6 seconds ago
- Actonel and Cedax drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Tremor with Maprotiline Hydrochloride? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Meniere'S Disease with Vesicare? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Tremors with Maprotiline Hydrochloride? - 8 seconds ago
- Imodium and Nabar drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Albuterol, Zoloft, Blisovi 24 Fe, Symbicort - 22 minutes ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Magnesium, Valsartan - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Zicam, Mucinex, Advil, Tylenol for a 74 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Reglan - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 84 year old woman who takes Prozac - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Requip - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Wellbutrin Xl, Zyrtec Allergy for a 34 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old man who takes Topamax, Abilify, Lamictal, Depakote, Methotrexate, Effexor - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Milk Of Magnesia - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Miralax - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.