Propulsid and Paleness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Paleness is found among people who take Propulsid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Propulsid and have Paleness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,118 people who have side effects when taking Propulsid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,118 people reported to have side effects when taking Propulsid.
Among them, 42 people (0.52%) have Paleness.
What is Propulsid?
Propulsid has active ingredients of cisapride monohydrate. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 8,124 Propulsid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Paleness?
Paleness (unusual lightness of skin colour) is found to be associated with 2,471 drugs and 1,986 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Propulsid and Paleness reports submitted per year:
Time on Propulsid when people have Paleness *:
- < 1 month: 60 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 20 %
Gender of people who have Paleness when taking Propulsid *:
- female: 52.38 %
- male: 47.62 %
Age of people who have Paleness when taking Propulsid *:
- 0-1: 25.0 %
- 2-9: 5.56 %
- 10-19: 8.33 %
- 20-29: 2.78 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 19.44 %
- 60+: 30.56 %
Common drugs people take besides Propulsid *:
- Synthroid: 6 people, 14.29%
- Rezulin: 5 people, 11.90%
- Zoloft: 4 people, 9.52%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 4 people, 9.52%
- Prilosec: 4 people, 9.52%
- Lasix: 4 people, 9.52%
- Norvasc: 4 people, 9.52%
- Vasotec: 4 people, 9.52%
- Premarin: 4 people, 9.52%
- Xanax: 4 people, 9.52%
Common side effects people have besides Paleness *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11 people, 26.19%
- Weakness: 11 people, 26.19%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 11 people, 26.19%
- Chest Pain: 7 people, 16.67%
- Hypotonia (low muscle tone): 7 people, 16.67%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 7 people, 16.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 6 people, 14.29%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6 people, 14.29%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 14.29%
- Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated (serious diabetes): 5 people, 11.90%
Common conditions people have *:
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 2 people, 4.76%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 2.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Propulsid and have Paleness?Check whether Paleness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Paleness and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cisapride monohydrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Propulsid:
- Propulsid (8,124 reports)
Common Propulsid side effects:
Browse all side effects of Propulsid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Paleness treatments and more:
- Paleness (26,839 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Paleness:
- Paleness in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Paleness in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Paleness in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Paleness:
All the drugs that are associated with Paleness:
- Paleness (2,471 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Paleness:
All the conditions that are associated with Paleness:
- Paleness (1,986 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cisapride monohydrate (the active ingredients of Propulsid) and Propulsid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Affective Disorder and Stupor - 4 seconds ago
- Vexol and Cardiolipin Antibody Positive - 5 seconds ago
- Psoriatic Arthropathy Aggravated and Injection Site Hypersensitivity - 6 seconds ago
- Dental Caries and High Blood Pressure - 9 seconds ago
- Cough Aggravated and Dissociative Disorder - 10 seconds ago
- Quit Smoking and Nasopharyngitis - 13 seconds ago
- Sodium Bicarbonate and Knee Joint Replacement - 19 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Febrile Neutropenia - 20 seconds ago
- Lotrel and Conjunctivitis Exacerbated - 22 seconds ago
- Oxcarbazepine and Failure To Thrive - 38 seconds ago