Protonix and Conductive deafness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Conductive deafness is reported only by a few people who take Protonix.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Protonix and have Conductive deafness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 128,324 people who have side effects while taking Protonix from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
128,324 people reported to have side effects when taking Protonix.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Conductive deafness.
What is Protonix?
Protonix has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 130,835 Protonix users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Conductive deafness?
Conductive deafness (deafness due to a problem in conducting sound waves) is found to be associated with 290 drugs and 149 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Protonix and Conductive deafness reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Conductive deafness when taking Protonix *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Conductive deafness when taking Protonix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Protonix *:
- Toprol-Xl: 2 people, 100.00%
- Seroquel: 2 people, 100.00%
- Cymbalta: 2 people, 100.00%
- Lortab: 2 people, 100.00%
- Nitroglycerin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Zoloft: 1 person, 50.00%
- Colace: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glucovance: 1 person, 50.00%
- Depakote: 1 person, 50.00%
- Crestor: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Conductive deafness *:
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vision Blurred: 1 person, 50.00%
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (acute chest pain and other symptoms that happen because the heart does not get blood): 1 person, 50.00%
- Alcoholism (problems with alcohol): 1 person, 50.00%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 1 person, 50.00%
- Arthropathy: 1 person, 50.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling): 1 person, 50.00%
- Chondromalacia (anterior knee pain due to irritation of the cartilage on the under surface of the kneecap): 1 person, 50.00%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 2 people, 100.00%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system): 1 person, 50.00%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 50.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Protonix and have Conductive deafness?Check whether Conductive deafness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Conductive deafness and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pantoprazole sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Protonix:
- Protonix (130,835 reports)
Common Protonix side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 41,674 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 15,396 reports
- Pain: 6,789 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,431 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,625 reports
Browse all side effects of Protonix:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Conductive deafness treatments and more:
- Conductive deafness (441 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Conductive deafness:
- Conductive deafness in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Conductive deafness in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Conductive deafness in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Conductive deafness:
- Conductive deafness (290 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Conductive deafness:
- Conductive deafness (149 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pantoprazole sodium (the active ingredients of Protonix) and Protonix (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sustanon and Sildenafil Citrate drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Horizant and Therapeutic Response Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Protamine Sulfate and Tooth Extraction - 7 seconds ago
- Novothyrox and Drowsiness - 15 seconds ago
- Nyquil and Acute Upper Airway Obstruction - 16 seconds ago
- Truvada and Respiratory Acidosis - 17 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride and Infusion Site Irritation - 21 seconds ago
- Xtampza Er and Meropenem drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Multivitamin and Exomphalos - 24 seconds ago
- Cannabis and Vision Blurred - 26 seconds ago