Provera and Eyelid infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Eyelid infection is found among people who take Provera, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Provera and have Eyelid infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,923 people who have side effects when taking Provera from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
51,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Provera.
Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Eyelid infection.
What is Provera?
Provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 53,456 Provera users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Eyelid infection?
Eyelid infection is found to be associated with 314 drugs and 140 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Provera and Eyelid infection reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Eyelid infection when taking Provera *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Eyelid infection when taking Provera *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 85.71 %
Common drugs people take besides Provera *:
- Zyrtec: 7 people, 100.00%
- Lipitor: 7 people, 100.00%
- Casodex: 7 people, 100.00%
- Celebrex: 7 people, 100.00%
- Dexamethasone: 7 people, 100.00%
- Fish Oil: 7 people, 100.00%
- Flonase: 7 people, 100.00%
- Ketoconazole: 7 people, 100.00%
- Zometa: 7 people, 100.00%
- Levaquin: 7 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Eyelid infection *:
- Abdominal Mass (localized enlargement or swelling in the human abdomen): 7 people, 100.00%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 7 people, 100.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 7 people, 100.00%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 7 people, 100.00%
- Oral Pain: 7 people, 100.00%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 7 people, 100.00%
- Bone Disorder: 7 people, 100.00%
- Bone Pain: 7 people, 100.00%
- Decreased Interest: 7 people, 100.00%
- Periodontitis (inflammation of the tissue around the teeth): 7 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Provera and have Eyelid infection?Check whether Eyelid infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bahall M, Reyes AJ, Ramcharan K, Hosein N, Seegobin K, Bahall K, Sharma H, Dhansingh S, Mahabir A, "Neuro-ophthalmological manifestations after intramuscular medroxyprogesterone: a forme fruste of idiopathic intracranial hypertension?", Neurology international, 2016 Sep .
How severe was Eyelid infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Provera:
- Provera (53,456 reports)
Common Provera side effects:
- Breast cancer: 13,179 reports
- Depression: 1,804 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,730 reports
- Pain: 1,638 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,494 reports
- Weight increased: 1,476 reports
Browse all side effects of Provera:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Eyelid infection treatments and more:
- Eyelid infection (488 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Eyelid infection:
- Eyelid infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Eyelid infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Eyelid infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Eyelid infection:
- Eyelid infection (315 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Eyelid infection:
- Eyelid infection (140 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on medroxyprogesterone acetate (the active ingredients of Provera) and Provera (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nuedexta and Ventricular Tachycardia - a second ago
- Ferrous Fumarate and Hepatic Cirrhosis - 8 seconds ago
- Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength and Faeces Discolored - 10 seconds ago
- Aleve and Noctiva drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Cuts And Puncture Wounds and Lip Swelling - 12 seconds ago
- Scopolamine and Rezulin drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Wound - 16 seconds ago
- Asthma and Choking Sensation - 18 seconds ago
- Reclast and Corneal Abrasion - 21 seconds ago
- Acebutolol Hydrochloride vs. Verapamil Hydrochloride - 22 seconds ago