Pulmicort flexhaler and Infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 5,265 people who have side effects when taking Pulmicort flexhaler. Infection is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Levothyroxine sodium and have High blood cholesterol.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pulmicort flexhaler and have Infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,265 people reported to have side effects when taking Pulmicort flexhaler.
Among them, 19 people (0.36%) have Infection.
What is Pulmicort flexhaler?
Pulmicort flexhaler has active ingredients of budesonide. It is used in asthma. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,396 Pulmicort flexhaler users.
What is Infection?
Infection is found to be associated with 3,006 drugs and 2,564 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 188,185 people who have Infection.
Number of Pulmicort flexhaler and Infection reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Infection when taking Pulmicort flexhaler *:
- female: 78.95 %
- male: 21.05 %
Age of people who have Infection when taking Pulmicort flexhaler *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 58.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Pulmicort flexhaler *:
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 4 people, 21.05%
- Albuterol Sulfate: 3 people, 15.79%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 15.79%
- Symbicort: 3 people, 15.79%
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 10.53%
- Fluticasone Propionate: 2 people, 10.53%
- Oxitriptan: 2 people, 10.53%
- Nuzyra: 2 people, 10.53%
- Nexium: 2 people, 10.53%
- Movantik: 2 people, 10.53%
Common side effects people have besides Infection *:
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 26.32%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 21.05%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 21.05%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 4 people, 21.05%
- Drug Ineffective: 4 people, 21.05%
- Feeling Abnormal: 3 people, 15.79%
- Sinus Disorder (disease of sinus): 3 people, 15.79%
- Weight Decreased: 3 people, 15.79%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 3 people, 15.79%
- Tooth Abscess (pus formation in tooth): 2 people, 10.53%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 15.79%
- Immunodeficiency: 2 people, 10.53%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 10.53%
- Hypergammaglobulinaemia (elevated levels of gamma globulin): 2 people, 10.53%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 5.26%
- Adrenocortical Insufficiency Acute (suddenly adrenal glands do not produce adequate amounts of steroid hormones): 1 person, 5.26%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 1 person, 5.26%
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 5.26%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 5.26%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pulmicort flexhaler and have Infection?Check whether Infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Pulmicort flexhaler side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Pulmicort flexhaler side effects (5,396 reports)
Infection treatments and more:
- Infection (188,185 reports)
Common drugs associated with Infection:
- Methotrexate: 16,034 reports
- Prednisone: 14,454 reports
- Enbrel: 13,801 reports
- Humira: 12,569 reports
- Orencia: 6,744 reports
- Xeljanz: 6,739 reports
- Actemra: 6,439 reports
- Arava: 6,130 reports
- Remicade: 5,519 reports
- Ibuprofen: 5,034 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Infection:
- Infection (3,006 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Infection:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 22,041 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 6,334 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 5,382 reports
- Psoriasis: 5,016 reports
- Pain: 3,885 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,787 reports
- Crohn's disease: 3,726 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Infection:
- Infection (2,564 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on budesonide (the active ingredients of Pulmicort flexhaler) and Pulmicort flexhaler (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tamoxifen Citrate and Spinal Fracture - 20 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen and Endometrial Cancer - 20 seconds ago
- Oxybutynin Chloride and Nuplazid drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Valproate Sodium and Lymphocytosis - 24 seconds ago
- Humira and Cholestyramine Light drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Prozac and Cervix Carcinoma - 41 seconds ago
- Paxil Cr and Skin Exfoliation - 45 seconds ago
- Dobutamine Hydrochloride and Hypokalemia - 48 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Nuvaring drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Amphotericin B drug interaction - 53 seconds ago