Purinethol and Tumor - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tumor is found among people who take Purinethol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Purinethol and have Tumor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,101 people who have side effects when taking Purinethol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,101 people reported to have side effects when taking Purinethol.
Among them, 9 people (0.29%) have Tumor.
What is Purinethol?
Purinethol has active ingredients of mercaptopurine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis. eHealthMe is studying from 3,143 Purinethol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tumor?
Tumor is found to be associated with 2,297 drugs and 1,593 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Purinethol and Tumor reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Tumor when taking Purinethol *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Tumor when taking Purinethol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 60 %
Common drugs people take besides Purinethol *:
- Humira: 4 people, 44.44%
- Remicade: 4 people, 44.44%
- Nexium: 3 people, 33.33%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 33.33%
- Anoro Ellipta: 2 people, 22.22%
- Avalide: 2 people, 22.22%
- Calcium: 2 people, 22.22%
- Dexilant: 2 people, 22.22%
- Vitamin B12: 2 people, 22.22%
- Norvasc: 2 people, 22.22%
Common side effects people have besides Tumor *:
- Abdominal Pain: 3 people, 33.33%
- Infusion Related Reaction: 2 people, 22.22%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 2 people, 22.22%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 22.22%
- Fungal Nail Infection: 2 people, 22.22%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 22.22%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 22.22%
- Fall: 2 people, 22.22%
- Ear Infection Fungal: 2 people, 22.22%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 22.22%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 22.22%
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency: 1 person, 11.11%
- Pain: 1 person, 11.11%
- Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women): 1 person, 11.11%
- Hypovitaminosis (any of several diseases caused by deficiency of one or more vitamins): 1 person, 11.11%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Purinethol and have Tumor?Check whether Tumor is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Tumor and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of mercaptopurine:
- Tumor and drugs with ingredients of mercaptopurine (28 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Purinethol:
- Purinethol (3,143 reports)
Common Purinethol side effects:
- Diarrhea: 342 reports
- Abdominal pain: 323 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 305 reports
- Fever: 303 reports
- Drug ineffective: 272 reports
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 232 reports
- Joint pain: 204 reports
- Rashes (redness): 188 reports
Browse all side effects of Purinethol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tumor treatments and more:
- Tumor (32,724 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tumor:
- Tumor in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tumor in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tumor in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Tumor:
- Humira: 2,108 reports
- Prednisone: 1,903 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,469 reports
- Sandostatin: 1,325 reports
- Aspirin: 1,309 reports
- Enbrel: 1,308 reports
- Sandostatin lar: 1,075 reports
- Zometa: 953 reports
- Metformin: 820 reports
- Omeprazole: 774 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Tumor:
- Tumor (2,297 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Tumor:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,815 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,149 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,114 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,028 reports
- Pain: 904 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 840 reports
- Crohn's disease: 729 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Tumor:
- Tumor (1,593 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mercaptopurine (the active ingredients of Purinethol) and Purinethol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nilandron and Squamous Cell Carcinoma - now
- Ranitidine and Razadyne Er drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Claforan and Prinivil drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Cholangitis - 13 seconds ago
- Ranitidine and Rayos drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Prostate Infection and Tinnitus Aggravated - 20 seconds ago
- Maxair and Tongue Discoloration - 21 seconds ago
- Vibramycin and Unevaluable Reaction - 31 seconds ago
- Ranitidine and Rayaldee drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Atropine Sulfate and Fall - 42 seconds ago