Pyridium and Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis is reported only by a few people who take Pyridium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Pyridium and have Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,486 people who have side effects while taking Pyridium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,486 people reported to have side effects when taking Pyridium.
Among them, 3 people (0.2%) have Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
What is Pyridium?
Pyridium has active ingredients of phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. eHealthMe is studying from 1,629 Pyridium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis?
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (liver inflammation caused by a build up of fat in the liver) is found to be associated with 511 drugs and 300 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Pyridium and Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis when taking Pyridium *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis when taking Pyridium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Pyridium *:
- Zocor: 3 people, 100.00%
- Xyrem: 3 people, 100.00%
- Aricept: 3 people, 100.00%
- Cipro: 3 people, 100.00%
- Cleocin: 3 people, 100.00%
- Combivent: 3 people, 100.00%
- Cymbalta: 3 people, 100.00%
- Dyazide: 3 people, 100.00%
- Flonase: 3 people, 100.00%
- Humalog: 3 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis *:
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 100.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Pyridium and have Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis?Check whether Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of phenazopyridine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Pyridium:
- Pyridium (1,629 reports)
Common Pyridium side effects:
- Urinary tract infection: 170 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 138 reports
- Pain: 136 reports
Browse all side effects of Pyridium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis treatments and more:
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (1,365 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis:
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis:
- Methotrexate: 183 reports
- Metformin: 120 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis:
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (511 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 110 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis:
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (300 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on phenazopyridine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Pyridium) and Pyridium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cogentin and Metronidazole drug interaction - a second ago
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) and Nephritis Interstitial - 8 seconds ago
- Testosterone Cypionate and Hypertension Aggravated - 39 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Blood Parathyroid Hormone Decreased - 46 seconds ago
- Medrol and Pco2 Increased - 49 seconds ago
- Yervoy and Gastroduodenal Ulcer - 55 seconds ago
- Surmontil and Cholestasis - a minute ago
- Tardive Dyskinesia in Vyvanse, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Gengraf and Skin Exfoliation - a minute ago
- Amantadine Hydrochloride and Hizentra drug interaction - a minute ago