Questran and Hearing impaired - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hearing impaired is reported only by a few people who take Questran.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Questran and have Hearing impaired. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,050 people who have side effects while taking Questran from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,050 people reported to have side effects when taking Questran.
Among them, 5 people (0.12%) have Hearing impaired.
What is Questran?
Questran has active ingredients of cholestyramine. It is often used in diarrhea. eHealthMe is studying from 4,132 Questran users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hearing impaired?
Hearing impaired is found to be associated with 1,449 drugs and 982 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Questran and Hearing impaired reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hearing impaired when taking Questran *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hearing impaired when taking Questran *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 25 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 75 %
Common drugs people take besides Questran *:
- Lasix: 2 people, 40.00%
- Prinivil: 2 people, 40.00%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 2 people, 40.00%
- Letrozole: 2 people, 40.00%
- Indomethacin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 40.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Furosemide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fosamax: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fluocinolone Acetonide: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hearing impaired *:
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 60.00%
- Feeling Abnormal: 3 people, 60.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Psychiatric Symptom: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fear Of Disease: 2 people, 40.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 2 people, 40.00%
- Eyelid Ptosis (falling of the upper or lower eyelid): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 40.00%
- Impaired Healing: 2 people, 40.00%
- Vaginal Bleeding: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2 people, 40.00%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 20.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cystic Fibrosis (disease of the secretary glands): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Questran and have Hearing impaired?Check whether Hearing impaired is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hearing impaired and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cholestyramine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Questran:
- Questran (4,132 reports)
Common Questran side effects:
Browse all side effects of Questran:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hearing impaired treatments and more:
- Hearing impaired (9,135 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hearing impaired:
- Hearing impaired in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hearing impaired in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hearing impaired in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hearing impaired:
All the drugs that are associated with Hearing impaired:
- Hearing impaired (1,449 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hearing impaired:
All the conditions that are associated with Hearing impaired:
- Hearing impaired (982 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cholestyramine (the active ingredients of Questran) and Questran (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride and Magnesium drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Drisdol and Hospitalisation - 22 seconds ago
- Lasix and Blood Glucose Fluctuation - 26 seconds ago
- Insulin and Nac drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Cardizem and Nasalide drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Vaginal Abscess - 35 seconds ago
- Rosuvastatin Calcium and Xtampza Er drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Levetiracetam and Altered State Of Consciousness - 38 seconds ago
- Oleptro and Nexium drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Uniphyl and Blopress drug interaction - 50 seconds ago