Quillivant xr and Drug withdrawal syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Quillivant xr, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Quillivant xr and have Drug withdrawal syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,953 people who have side effects when taking Quillivant xr from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,953 people reported to have side effects when taking Quillivant xr.
Among them, 10 people (0.51%) have Drug withdrawal syndrome.
What is Quillivant xr?
Quillivant xr has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 1,968 Quillivant xr users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Drug withdrawal syndrome?
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) is found to be associated with 2,217 drugs and 1,554 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Quillivant xr and Drug withdrawal syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Quillivant xr *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Quillivant xr *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 100 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Quillivant xr *:
- Focalin: 1 person, 10.00%
- Daytrana: 1 person, 10.00%
Common side effects people have besides Drug withdrawal syndrome *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 30.00%
- Weight Increased: 2 people, 20.00%
- Anger: 2 people, 20.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 20.00%
- Drowsiness: 1 person, 10.00%
- Abnormal Behavior: 1 person, 10.00%
- Activities Of Daily Living Impaired: 1 person, 10.00%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1 person, 10.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 10.00%
- Disturbance In Attention: 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Quillivant xr and have Drug withdrawal syndrome?Check whether Drug withdrawal syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Yektas ?, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Adak, I., & Coskun, M. , "Symptomatic cholelithiasis associated with combined use of methylphenidate and fluoxetine in an otherwise healthy adolescent girl", Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Coskun, M., & Adak, I. , "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Drug withdrawal syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Quillivant xr:
- Quillivant xr (1,968 reports)
Common Quillivant xr side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 467 reports
- Abnormal behavior: 159 reports
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 128 reports
Browse all side effects of Quillivant xr:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drug withdrawal syndrome treatments and more:
- Drug withdrawal syndrome (101,552 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Drug withdrawal syndrome:
- Drug withdrawal syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Drug withdrawal syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Drug withdrawal syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Drug withdrawal syndrome:
- Oxycontin: 38,549 reports
- Dilaudid: 12,851 reports
- Ms contin: 12,181 reports
- Oxycodone: 9,593 reports
- Paxil: 9,545 reports
- Cymbalta: 9,040 reports
- Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen: 5,405 reports
- Effexor: 5,117 reports
- Morphine: 4,987 reports
- Butrans: 4,695 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Drug withdrawal syndrome:
- Drug withdrawal syndrome (2,217 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Drug withdrawal syndrome:
- Pain: 10,392 reports
- Depression: 10,136 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,963 reports
- Back pain: 2,041 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Drug withdrawal syndrome:
- Drug withdrawal syndrome (1,554 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Quillivant xr) and Quillivant xr (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coq and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - now
- Rosiglitazone Maleate and Macular Degeneration - 2 seconds ago
- Emla and Flomax drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Antiallergic Therapy and Pain - 5 seconds ago
- Prochlorperazine Maleate and Diazepam drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Plavix and Torsade De Pointes - 8 seconds ago
- Lutein and Ramipril drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Promacta and Amoxicillin drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Gemfibrozil and Microcytosis - 32 seconds ago
- Lactase and Skin Blushing/Flushing - 33 seconds ago