Quinine sulfate and Taste disturbance - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Taste disturbance is reported only by a few people who take Quinine Sulfate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Quinine sulfate and have Taste disturbance. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,694 people who have side effects while taking Quinine sulfate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,694 people reported to have side effects when taking Quinine sulfate.
Among them, 1 person (0.02%) has Taste disturbance.
What is Quinine sulfate?
Quinine sulfate has active ingredients of quinine sulfate. It is often used in leg pain. eHealthMe is studying from 4,720 Quinine sulfate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Taste disturbance?
Taste disturbance is found to be associated with 1,001 drugs and 2 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Quinine sulfate and Taste disturbance reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Quinine sulfate *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Quinine sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Quinine sulfate *:
- Vitamin B6: 1 person, 100.00%
- Vicodin: 1 person, 100.00%
- Renagel: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lipitor: 1 person, 100.00%
- Klonopin: 1 person, 100.00%
- Glucotrol: 1 person, 100.00%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 100.00%
- Celebrex: 1 person, 100.00%
- Cardizem Cd: 1 person, 100.00%
- Alprazolam: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Taste disturbance *:
- Psoriasis Aggravated (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin aggravated): 1 person, 100.00%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Quinine sulfate and have Taste disturbance?Check whether Taste disturbance is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Taste disturbance and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of quinine sulfate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Quinine sulfate:
- Quinine sulfate (4,720 reports)
Common Quinine sulfate side effects:
- Pain: 445 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 351 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 316 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 284 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 271 reports
- Diarrhea: 268 reports
Browse all side effects of Quinine sulfate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Taste disturbance treatments and more:
- Taste disturbance (4,340 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Taste disturbance:
- Biaxin: 334 reports
- Prilosec: 234 reports
- Premarin: 155 reports
- Synthroid: 140 reports
- Lamisil: 126 reports
- Zithromax: 123 reports
- Norvasc: 113 reports
- Prednisone: 111 reports
- Fosamax: 108 reports
- Prevacid: 105 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (1,001 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (2 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on quinine sulfate (the active ingredients of Quinine sulfate) and Quinine sulfate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Eczema Exacerbated and Testicular Swelling - a second ago
- Citalopram Hydrobromide and Menopausal Symptoms Aggravated - 7 seconds ago
- Actemra and Choledocholithiasis - 15 seconds ago
- Risperdal and Ligament Pain - 18 seconds ago
- Cerebral Cyst and High Blood Pressure - 20 seconds ago
- Procardia and Mitral Valve Disease Mixed - 30 seconds ago
- Alvesco and Pulmonary Vascular Disorder - 33 seconds ago
- Fabrazyme and Speech Impairment (Adult) - 37 seconds ago
- Metaxalone and Xifaxan drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Multiple Sclerosis and Calculus Urethral - 41 seconds ago