Qvar and Hypercapnia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypercapnia is found among people who take Qvar, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Qvar and have Hypercapnia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,290 people who have side effects when taking Qvar from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,290 people reported to have side effects when taking Qvar.
Among them, 18 people (0.12%) have Hypercapnia.
What is Qvar?
Qvar has active ingredients of beclomethasone dipropionate. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 15,705 Qvar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hypercapnia?
Hypercapnia (too much smoke) is found to be associated with 1,063 drugs and 626 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Qvar and Hypercapnia reports submitted per year:
Time on Qvar when people have Hypercapnia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypercapnia when taking Qvar *:
- female: 44.44 %
- male: 55.56 %
Age of people who have Hypercapnia when taking Qvar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 5.56 %
- 60+: 44.44 %
Common drugs people take besides Qvar *:
- Levaquin: 14 people, 77.78%
- Duoneb: 14 people, 77.78%
- Lantus: 10 people, 55.56%
- Tylenol: 10 people, 55.56%
- Prilosec: 10 people, 55.56%
- Cayston: 9 people, 50.00%
- Cipro: 9 people, 50.00%
- Creon: 9 people, 50.00%
- Bethkis: 9 people, 50.00%
- Humalog: 9 people, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hypercapnia *:
- Pneumonia: 15 people, 83.33%
- Weakness: 15 people, 83.33%
- Fever: 15 people, 83.33%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 15 people, 83.33%
- Breathing Difficulty: 14 people, 77.78%
- High Blood Pressure: 14 people, 77.78%
- Weight Decreased: 14 people, 77.78%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 14 people, 77.78%
- Bandaemia (excess of band cells (immature white blood cells) released by the bone marrow into the blood): 9 people, 50.00%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 9 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 9 people, 50.00%
- Nasal Discomfort: 9 people, 50.00%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness): 9 people, 50.00%
- Blood Glucose Decreased: 9 people, 50.00%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 9 people, 50.00%
- Cough: 9 people, 50.00%
- Cystic Fibrosis (disease of the secretary glands): 9 people, 50.00%
- Fungal Infection: 9 people, 50.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 9 people, 50.00%
- Infective Pulmonary Exacerbation Of Cystic Fibrosis (severe infective lung disease with production of abnormally thick mucus): 9 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Qvar and have Hypercapnia?Check whether Hypercapnia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hypercapnia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of beclomethasone dipropionate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Qvar:
- Qvar (15,705 reports)
Common Qvar side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 2,001 reports
- Asthma: 1,757 reports
- Cough: 1,273 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,266 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 985 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 871 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 829 reports
- Chest pain: 788 reports
Browse all side effects of Qvar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hypercapnia treatments and more:
- Hypercapnia (3,439 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hypercapnia:
- Hypercapnia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hypercapnia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hypercapnia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hypercapnia:
- Furosemide: 275 reports
- Prednisone: 266 reports
- Lasix: 186 reports
- Morphine: 185 reports
- Albuterol: 160 reports
- Spiriva: 151 reports
- Prednisolone: 148 reports
- Omeprazole: 141 reports
- Pantoprazole: 131 reports
- Aspirin: 128 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hypercapnia:
- Hypercapnia (1,063 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypercapnia:
- Pain: 222 reports
- Asthma: 161 reports
- High blood pressure: 147 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 143 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hypercapnia:
- Hypercapnia (626 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on beclomethasone dipropionate (the active ingredients of Qvar) and Qvar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Estrace and Intron A drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Calcium and Tenosynovitis - 8 seconds ago
- Vancomycin and Hyperkalemia - 18 seconds ago
- Crying and drugs of ingredients of acetaminophen - 39 seconds ago
- Xarelto and Hyperplasia - 39 seconds ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Staphylococcal Sepsis - 44 seconds ago
- Tacrolimus and Haemorrhage - 47 seconds ago
- Hypercalcaemia Aggravated and Gastric Ulcer - 48 seconds ago
- Acetazolamide Sodium and Pred Forte drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Qvar and Groin Pain - a minute ago