Ranitidine and Eyelid infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Eyelid infection is found among people who take Ranitidine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ranitidine and have Eyelid infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 231,127 people who have side effects when taking Ranitidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
231,127 people reported to have side effects when taking Ranitidine.
Among them, 12 people (0.01%) have Eyelid infection.
What is Ranitidine?
Ranitidine has active ingredients of ranitidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 232,433 Ranitidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Eyelid infection?
Eyelid infection is found to be associated with 336 drugs and 144 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ranitidine and Eyelid infection reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Eyelid infection when taking Ranitidine *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Eyelid infection when taking Ranitidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Ranitidine *:
- Keflex: 8 people, 66.67%
- Vitamin D2: 8 people, 66.67%
- Lamictal: 5 people, 41.67%
- Vitamin D3: 4 people, 33.33%
- Ranitidine Hydrochloride: 3 people, 25.00%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 3 people, 25.00%
- Atomoxetine Hydrochloride: 3 people, 25.00%
- Azelastine Hydrochloride: 3 people, 25.00%
- Doxycycline Hyclate: 3 people, 25.00%
- Epinephrine: 3 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Eyelid infection *:
- Eye Infection: 7 people, 58.33%
- Blepharitis (chronic inflammation of the eyelid): 7 people, 58.33%
- Staphylococcal Infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria): 5 people, 41.67%
- Infection: 4 people, 33.33%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 3 people, 25.00%
- Hordeolum (small collection of pus (abscess) on the eyelid): 3 people, 25.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 3 people, 25.00%
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye): 3 people, 25.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 16.67%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 8 people, 66.67%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 25.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 2 people, 16.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 16.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 16.67%
- Pulmonary Sarcoidosis (growth of tiny collections of inflammatory cells in lungs): 1 person, 8.33%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 8.33%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 1 person, 8.33%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 1 person, 8.33%
- Blood Disorder: 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ranitidine and have Eyelid infection?Check whether Eyelid infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Eyelid infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ranitidine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ranitidine:
- Ranitidine (232,433 reports)
Common Ranitidine side effects:
- Breast cancer: 25,585 reports
- Prostate cancer: 23,025 reports
- Colon cancer: 19,490 reports
- Renal cell carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 17,553 reports
- Bladder cancer: 14,607 reports
- Gastric cancer (stomach cancer): 8,127 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,346 reports
Browse all side effects of Ranitidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Eyelid infection treatments and more:
- Eyelid infection (488 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Eyelid infection:
- Eyelid infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Eyelid infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Eyelid infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Eyelid infection:
- Eyelid infection (336 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Eyelid infection:
- Eyelid infection (144 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ranitidine (the active ingredients of Ranitidine) and Ranitidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Calcium Acetate and Atenolol drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Ofev and Yellow Skin - 10 seconds ago
- Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen vs. Lamictal - 14 seconds ago
- Abdominal Pain and Salivary Gland Mass - 19 seconds ago
- Testosterone Cypionate and Wheezing - 26 seconds ago
- Fexofenadine Hydrochloride and Abdominal Pain - 31 seconds ago
- Inbrija and Limb Injury - 34 seconds ago
- Restoril and Anovulatory Cycle - 38 seconds ago
- Selzentry and Tendon Rupture - 40 seconds ago
- Probiotic and Benicar drug interaction - 51 seconds ago