Ranitidine and Penile swelling - from FDA reports
Penile swelling is found among people who take Ranitidine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Amlodipine, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Penile swelling with Ranitidine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45,636 people who have side effects when taking Ranitidine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 18, 2018
45,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Ranitidine.
Among them, 8 people (0.02%) have Penile swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Penile swelling when taking Ranitidine *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Penile swelling when taking Ranitidine *:
- 0-1: 16.67 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (2 people, 25.00%)
- Metastases To Bone (2 people, 25.00%)
- Preventive Health Care (1 person, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Amlodipine (3 people, 37.50%)
- Neurontin (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lupron (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lorazepam (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urination - Painful (3 people, 37.50%)
- Hypotension (3 people, 37.50%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (2 people, 25.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (2 people, 25.00%)
- Anaemia (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Penile swelling when taking Ranitidine?
- Check symptoms - is penile swelling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPenile swelling and drugs with ingredients of ranitidine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePenile swelling and Ranitidine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ranitidine has active ingredients of ranitidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Ranitidine 46,801 users)
Penile swelling has been reported by people with curvature of the penis, erection problems, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 688 Penile swelling patients).
Browse all side effects of Ranitidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Penile swellingPenile swelling
Could your condition cause Penile swellingPenile swelling
What would happen?
User posts to the study
The receptionist at the surgery has just rung me to say that I have high levels of potassium in my blood, and low sodium? I have a bad hiatus hernia that causes me a really sore throat and my vocal chords are really inflamed! I am on Ranitide twice a day and omeprazole morning and evening and ...
I had itching problem I gave list of mediction to my allergenist he asked me how often I take lorazepam I told him when vertigo attacks happen I take. By knowingly he prescribed this ranitidine 150 mg this was about 2 months ago since than side effect of this drug made My life misrable now ...