Rebif and Abdominal wall infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Abdominal wall infection is found among people who take Rebif, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Rebif and have Abdominal wall infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 58,459 people who have side effects when taking Rebif from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
58,459 people reported to have side effects when taking Rebif.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Abdominal wall infection.
What is Rebif?
Rebif has active ingredients of interferon beta-1a. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. eHealthMe is studying from 58,748 Rebif users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Abdominal wall infection?
Abdominal wall infection is found to be associated with 243 drugs and 103 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Rebif and Abdominal wall infection reports submitted per year:
Time on Rebif when people have Abdominal wall infection *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 66.67 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal wall infection when taking Rebif *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Abdominal wall infection when taking Rebif *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Rebif *:
- Vitamin D3: 1 person, 16.67%
- Restasis: 1 person, 16.67%
- Qvar: 1 person, 16.67%
- Prolia: 1 person, 16.67%
- Proair Hfa: 1 person, 16.67%
- Ondansetron: 1 person, 16.67%
- Lactulose: 1 person, 16.67%
- Klonopin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Acetaminophen: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Abdominal wall infection *:
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 33.33%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 33.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 33.33%
- Injection Site Reaction: 2 people, 33.33%
- Superinfection: 1 person, 16.67%
- Herpes Zoster: 1 person, 16.67%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1 person, 16.67%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 1 person, 16.67%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 16.67%
- Granuloma (a small area of inflammation due to tissue injury): 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Rebif and have Abdominal wall infection?Check whether Abdominal wall infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Abdominal wall infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of interferon beta-1a:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Rebif:
- Rebif (58,748 reports)
Common Rebif side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,021 reports
- Weakness: 3,450 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,244 reports
- Pain: 2,606 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 2,537 reports
Browse all side effects of Rebif:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Abdominal wall infection treatments and more:
- Abdominal wall infection (172 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Abdominal wall infection:
- Abdominal wall infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Abdominal wall infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Abdominal wall infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Abdominal wall infection:
- Abdominal wall infection (243 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Abdominal wall infection:
- Abdominal wall infection (103 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on interferon beta-1a (the active ingredients of Rebif) and Rebif (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Renal Cell Carcinoma and Photosensitivity Reaction - 2 seconds ago
- Zantac and Social Phobia - 4 seconds ago
- Pentobarbital Sodium and Screaming - 7 seconds ago
- Aranesp and Gammagard drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Rosuvastatin Calcium and Ethambutol Hydrochloride drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Lorazepam and L-Carnitine Fumarate drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Abnormal Weight Gain - 20 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Iron Deficiency Anaemia - 26 seconds ago
- Aimovig and Aygestin drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Xylometazoline Hydrochloride and Bupropion Hydrochloride drug interaction - 32 seconds ago