Reclast and Lymphoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lymphoma is found among people who take Reclast, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Reclast and have Lymphoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,785 people who have side effects when taking Reclast from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
13,785 people reported to have side effects when taking Reclast.
Among them, 14 people (0.1%) have Lymphoma.
What is Reclast?
Reclast has active ingredients of zoledronic acid. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 14,086 Reclast users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lymphoma?
Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells) is found to be associated with 1,473 drugs and 956 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Reclast and Lymphoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Reclast when people have Lymphoma *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Lymphoma when taking Reclast *:
- female: 69.23 %
- male: 30.77 %
Age of people who have Lymphoma when taking Reclast *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 75 %
Common drugs people take besides Reclast *:
- Zometa: 3 people, 21.43%
- Aredia: 3 people, 21.43%
- Cytoxan: 3 people, 21.43%
- Revlimid: 3 people, 21.43%
- Melphalan: 2 people, 14.29%
- Busulfan: 2 people, 14.29%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 7.14%
- Multivitamin: 1 person, 7.14%
- Medrol: 1 person, 7.14%
- Maxair: 1 person, 7.14%
Common side effects people have besides Lymphoma *:
- Fever: 5 people, 35.71%
- Joint Pain: 5 people, 35.71%
- Pain: 5 people, 35.71%
- Weight Decreased: 4 people, 28.57%
- Pain In Extremity: 4 people, 28.57%
- Back Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Chest Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Chills (felling of cold): 4 people, 28.57%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 28.57%
- Femur Fracture: 4 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 3 people, 21.43%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 21.43%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 7.14%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 1 person, 7.14%
- Depression: 1 person, 7.14%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 7.14%
- Essential Hypertension (primary hypertension): 1 person, 7.14%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 7.14%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 7.14%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Reclast and have Lymphoma?Check whether Lymphoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Christopher KL, Elner VM, Demirci H, "Conjunctival Lymphoma in a Patient on Fingolimod for Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis", Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, 2017 May .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Reclast:
- Reclast (14,086 reports)
Lymphoma treatments and more:
- Lymphoma (26,644 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lymphoma:
- Lymphoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lymphoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lymphoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Lymphoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of zoledronic acid:
- Lymphoma and drugs with ingredients of zoledronic acid (169 reports)
Common drugs associated with Lymphoma:
All the drugs that are associated with Lymphoma:
- Lymphoma (1,473 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lymphoma:
All the conditions that are associated with Lymphoma:
- Lymphoma (956 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on zoledronic acid (the active ingredients of Reclast) and Reclast (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Mydriacyl and Cosopt drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Centrum Silver and Haemoglobin Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Lantus Solostar and Unresponsive To Stimuli - 4 seconds ago
- Aceon and Lower Limb Fracture - 8 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 drug interaction - 10 seconds ago