Regular insulin and Febrile neutropenia - from FDA reports
Febrile neutropenia is found among people who take Regular insulin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Nausea. This review analyzes which people have Febrile neutropenia with Regular insulin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,664 people who have side effects when taking Regular insulin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 13, 2017
2,664 people reported to have side effects when taking Regular insulin.
Among them, 14 people (0.53%) have Febrile neutropenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Regular insulin when people have Febrile neutropenia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Febrile neutropenia when taking Regular insulin *:
- female: 35.71 %
- male: 64.29 %
Age of people who have Febrile neutropenia when taking Regular insulin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 14.29 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 21.43 %
- 60+: 57.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Nausea (5 people, 35.71%)
- Burkitt Lymphoma (4 people, 28.57%)
- Pain (3 people, 21.43%)
- Indigestion (3 people, 21.43%)
- Body Temperature Increased (3 people, 21.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acetaminophen (7 people, 50.00%)
- Ondansetron (6 people, 42.86%)
- Lorazepam (6 people, 42.86%)
- Famotidine (6 people, 42.86%)
- Bactrim Ds (6 people, 42.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pleural Effusion (7 people, 50.00%)
- Pneumonia (6 people, 42.86%)
- Staphylococcal Bacteraemia (5 people, 35.71%)
- Death (4 people, 28.57%)
- Respiratory Acidosis (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Febrile neutropenia when taking Regular insulin?
- Check symptoms - is febrile neutropenia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFebrile neutropenia and drugs with ingredients of insulin pork.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFebrile neutropenia and Regular insulin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Regular insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in type 1 diabetes. (latest outcomes from Regular insulin 2,725 users)
Febrile neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells) has been reported by people with preventive health care, acute myeloid leukaemia, non-hodgkin's lymphoma, breast cancer, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 34,615 Febrile neutropenia patients).